Question about Lexmark X4875 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I bought a Lexmark x4875 multi-function printer a few months ago. It prints for awhile, then stop working; no error message. I have Windows Vista OS. It is connected via a USB cable to one of the USB ports on the front of my computer. After I install the printer, I can print for a few days. Then documents do not print - from any source. Once I uninstall and re-install from the CD, I can print again....for awhile. Then it stops working again. No error message. I'm wondering if it's because I used the scanning tool, i.e maybe the printer gets stuck after that. I checked the printer control panel and the printer status is listed as 'Ready'. All documents I attempted to print (that did not print) are listed in the print queue.
You need to cancel all print jobs for a printer, you must have permission to manage documents on the printer.
1. Open printers by clicking the "Start" button , clicking "Control Panel," clicking "Hardware and Sound," and then clicking "Printers."
2. To open the print queue, double-click the printer you are using.
3. Click the "Printer" menu, and then click "Cancel All Documents." Depending on the printer, the item currently printing might finish, but the remaining items will be cancelled.
Next, you may have to change the communication format called the "Spool format."
Please follow the steps given below to change the spool data format:
1. Click on "Start," "Control Panel," "Hardware and Sound" and "Printers."
2. Then, right click on the Lexmark printer icon and left click "Properties."
3. Either on the "Advanced" tab or the "General" tab for some models, there is a "Print Processor" button, left click it.
4. This is the spool format setting. Under "Print processor" it should be set to "Lexmark 4800 series print processor." Next, under "Default datatype," select "NT EMF 1.008."
5. Click "OK" and exit back out to your desktop.
6. Please try printing again.
If this does not help the situation, please describe any differences it does make.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2011 | Lexmark X4875 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 28, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 04, 2011 | Lexmark X4875 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 18, 2010 | Lexmark X4875 InkJet Printer
Jan 17, 2010 | Lexmark X4875 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | Lexmark X3350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 14, 2009 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 01, 2009 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 03, 2008 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
706 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: