Question about Whirlpool ED5SHAXM Side by Side Refrigerator
The freezer is not freezing all the way and refridgerator is not as cold either. The freezer takes for ever to make ice, ice cream is soft on coldest setting.
Red light on for High Freezer Temperature Warning
or freezer not cooling, but fridge is and a lot of noise from compressor.
Also, fridge drain hole blocked, water in bottom of fridge.
This is a common fault in Hotpoint Fridge Freezers and can also happen if the door has been left open or has been a power cut.
1. Turn off fridge freezer, or at least turn down the freezer temp to minimum, though not ideal.
2. Open freezer door and remove all drawers.
3. Remove the back panel on the inside of the freezer. This is held in place with 4 screws, which might be 6mm hex head or star allen head. Pull the panel out.
4. Behind where the panel was, there is a cooling element for cooling, pipes, and below this a temperature sensor. If the fridge freezer is not switched off, then fold together a few layers of tinfoil and wrap around the sensor.
5. Use a hairdryer to slowly melt the ice. Melt it around areas where it appears to be hanging on, such as the corners of the cooling element or bolts, as well as any thin sections below the main block of ice around the cooling element, which will be supporting the main block. Use a plastic ice scraper to remove ice but not near pipes or sensor.
Warning: Be careful using electrics around water & melting ice & drips.
6. Below the cooling element, there is a drip channel & drain hole. If this hole is full of ice, pour a small amound of warm water down, leave for 10 seconds and pour a bit more until clear.
In the fridge, clear the drain hole in the same way.
Warning: Do not pour a lot of water down, as this water drains onto a tray above the hot compressor at the rear of the fridge freezer to be evaporated by the heat of the compressor and the tray will only hold a small amount.
7. When all ice is removed, dry all moisture. Put the shelves back. Close door. Turn on fridge freezer. Turn up the freezer temperature to your normal setting. Turn on fast freeze if available. After 1 hour, check with a thermometer. It should be cold enough after 1 or 2 hours.
Posted on Dec 04, 2013
See if there is ice on the back wall of freezer if so this is an automatic defrost problem timer heater or limit switch
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 22, 2011 | KitchenAid Refrigerators
Aug 18, 2010 | Refrigerators
Jul 23, 2010 | Dometic RM2652 Refrigerator
May 09, 2009 | GE Profile 26.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Mar 25, 2009 | KitchenAid KTRS22EM Top Freezer...
Jan 05, 2009 | Frigidaire FRS26ZSG
Dec 18, 2011 | Whirlpool ED5SHAXM Side by Side...
Nov 03, 2010 | Whirlpool ED5SHAXM Side by Side...
614 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: