Sound like ur volume avls(volume limit is on) so go to settings thengo to common settingsin that the second one down should be AVLS or (volume limit) contoller. also does it go up at all or does nothing happen.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since I don't know which exact Proscan Tablet you have, here is how to restore the PLT9045K.
1) Make sure the tablet is powered down.
2) Press and hold VOLUME UP(+) and DOWN(-) buttons, plus POWER button all at the same time.
3) Insert a metal pin in the RESET hole at the back of the tablet, then push and hold it for 2 seconds, while still holding the VOLUME and POWER buttons. Make sure the pin is pushed. It seems like nothing happened, but just keep on going to the next step.
4) Power ON the tablet and immediately, PRESS and RELEASE continuously the VOLUME UP(+) button in order to get the display as showing dead tablet (dead robot).
5) This is the critical part. Make sure you do the right sequence or you will start again from the beginning. Press and hold the POWER button, then press and release VOLUME UP(+), and the display will give you a screen showing different options.
6) Choose the option wipe data/factory reset, by clicking POWER button to scroll down. To execute the selected option, press VOLUME UP(+) button. The tablet will reboot back to its factory setting.
Sometimes High pitching its just that, static on the area, like if you are near a microwave, or near other electronic equipments, but, if the skreetching sound keep going or even if you do nothing it could be a line inside the sound card, or you need to clean the volume botton with special electrical cleaner. other that these, its contacts, or bad cap for the volume board inside.
First take the battery off
Put it back on
Press on the volume button both up and down at the same time
Keep pressing on the volume buttons at the same time press on the power button
Follow instructions on the screen
If you forgot your password for this feature, press the following buttons on the remote, one at a time. (Note: You must be in the password entry screen) Press, Mute, Display,Clear and Reset, this unlocks parental controls and you can now re-enter a new password. OR TRY THIS.. Press and hold Menu on the TV AND volume down on the remote for 3 seconds. Nothing will appear on the screen, and the Parental Controls will unlock, and you can re-enter a new password with the LOCK PARENTAL CONTROLS