Question about Hotpoint TDL14 Electric Dryer
I have a Hotpoint Dryer Plus 9314, Tumble Dryer and I need help to replace the Drive Belt. Diagrams would be helpful
I am not an expert but I do have a Hotpoint 9334 Tumble Dryer which I guess is similar to the 9314.
To replace belt or heater element you must remove the front panel complete with door.
Screws are different sizes in different places so note where they belong as you remove them.
1. Remove 2 screws at rear top which go through the brackets holding the top panel, slide back the top panel a little and lift it off.
2. Pull off the rotary timer knob and remove 2 screws beneath.
3. This is the tricky bit! Remove the the plastic panel which covers the switches etc.. This panel has 5 plastic fingers which secure it to the metal plate behind, locate the ends of the fingers where they pass through the metal plate. Using a metal rod or punch and a hammer, tap the ends of the fingers to push them back through the holes easing each in turn a little at a time to avoid distorting the plastic unduly. (This is a bit scary as you have to hit them quite hard and the fingers look fragile)
4. Open the door and remove the 4 screws then remove 3 screws at the top and 3 screws at the bottom of the front panel. Lift and ease forward the front panel, unhook the door catch release wire, pull off the electrical connectors and put the front panel aside.
5. Lay the machine on its back and remove 1 screw holding the element housing to the top plate and pull off the electrical connectors.
6. Fit the belt around the drum, through the idler pulleys and over the motor spindle.
7. Put it all back together.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Nov 12, 2013 | Hotpoint TVF770 Tumble Dryer
Aug 06, 2013 | Dryers
Jan 17, 2013 | Hotpoint Belt Drum Drive for VTD00, VTD20,...
Mar 23, 2010 | Hotpoint Dryers
Oct 30, 2009 | Hotpoint Dryers
Jul 06, 2009 | Dryers
Apr 06, 2008 | Dryers
Dec 06, 2007 | Dryers
524 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: