Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I have a lexmark X1150 printer. it won't print
It seems there is a possibility of a problem with the printer itself, or perhaps the cartridges. You should first self-test the printer. Since we are unsure where the problem exists, we must do eliminative troubleshooting to rule out parts of the printing system. The self-test allows us to rule out software and the cable by testing the hardware by itself. Please note that this is not a "fix," but rather a diagnostic test to determine if your hardware is at fault.
Please begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at least "30 seconds." Then plug the printer back in.
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Power the printer off.
2. Press and hold the "Paper Feed" button.
3. While still holding the "Paper Feed" button, press and release the "Power" button. Continue holding the "Paper Feed" button.
4. When the printer starts pulling paper, release the "Paper Feed" button. It should print a test page at this point.
5. Power the printer off, as this test is continuous.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either a solid black or solid color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, please try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with only a color cartridge installed (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed). If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues, please let us know. This includes any print quality issues - we need to know if the problems you have with your black or color are based in the printer, or communications with your computer, or the computer's software.
If the self-test prints your test bar(s) clearly, the printer hardware is not at fault. The issue may be a communication problem, or perhaps a software conflict.
However, let us know the operating system that is installed on your computer.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the sheets of paper from the feeder.
2. Grab a flashlight and look inside for any debris.
3. If you're willing and physically able, you may also
turn the printer over. Any debris should just freely roll out from the feeder.
4. If feeder is clear, place the printer back on the
table, open the printer cover and remove the cartridges.
5. Check the cartridge area for any obstructions/debris
that could cause this error or problem.
6. If cartridge area is clear, close the cover.
7. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power outlet
to reset it.
8. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges and
load some paper. Try to print again.
ns Serif"'>6. When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
7. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
8. If no error appears, reinsert the other cartridge.
Close the printer cover.
9. Replace whichever cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge.
Jul 11, 2011 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 06, 2010 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 08, 2009 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 05, 2008 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 15, 2008 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 21, 2008 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
350 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!