It seems about every other month, if not each month, my iPAQ will not start when push on button. I do a soft reset to get it to start and it ends up doing a hard reset. I have to then go to my office and home PC and set up new sync and mobile connections, and reload programs. Even though I do regular backups, the backups on the PC do not recognize the iPAQ as the sync connection between the iPAQ and PC has been lost; so I can not just merely restore all the information and programs. I beleive I am on iPAQ 4700 (5) sync folder since last October. Which would mean this is the 6th time this has happened. ANy help would be appreicated.
I also own an ipaq 4700 and experienced the same problem. Even after reloading the OS I continued to have this problem. I did buy it refurbished but I fear this may be a common hardware problem. From my research it would appear the battery is the most likelyculprit, I have not tried replacing mine but it may be worth a shot, if nothing else you have an extra battery which means less time at the charger :D
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try hard reset: pressing and holding the calendar and iTask buttons and doing a soft reset for 2 seconds.
Hard resetting a WM 5 HX 4700 is to press and hold the Contacts and Mail buttons and
then doing a soft reset. The boot screen will popup with a message “To
perform a clean reset, which will clear all data in memory, press the
If that fails, try upgrading to wm 6 or wm 6.1 then downgrading afterwards.
I've upgraded from wm2003SE to wm6.1 alkor rc2.2 rom.
here is your answer but if you want to solve your problem quick microsoft takes 11$ to fix it
see this if this help you
Resetting the Device
Sometimes there is a need to reset your Pocket PC. Resetting the device is known as performing a "soft" or "hard" reset.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running application before performing a soft reset. Perform a soft reset to: ■ Stop all running applications ■ Install a new application ■ Restart the Pocket PC if it stops responding
To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC. 2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button. The Pocket PC restarts and displays the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset
Perform a hard reset only when you want to clear all user-installed settings, applications, and data from RAM (Random Access Memory), where data and applications you have loaded are stored.
CAUTION: If you perform a hard reset, your Pocket PC loses all data and programs not saved in iPAQ File Store.
To perform a hard reset:
1. Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons. 2. While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC for about two seconds.
3. When the Pocket PC screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iTask buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
Note: If you simultaneously push and hold the Reset, Calendar, and iTask buttons for more than two seconds, the battery disconnects. To restart the device, either plug the device into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again. After performing a hard reset, you may need to reinstall applications stored in iPAQ File Store to restore shortcuts and full functionality.
4. The Pocket PC resets and powers on.
To return your iPAQ Pocket PC to factory settings after performing a hard reset:
1. Tap Start > Programs > File Explorer > My Device. 2. Tap the iPAQ File Store folder to open it. 3. Tap Edit > Select All. 4. Tap and hold the selected files, then tap Delete. 5. Tap Yes to delete all file in iPAQ File Store.
To perform a factory reset and return your HP iPAQ to factory settings:
1. Press and hold the Quick Launch and Rotate Screen buttons. 2. While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the HP iPAQ until the device restarts. 3. When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.
Mike @ compurepair.
It's a problem with either the memory board or the button board. With my h5550, the bottom buttons started to stop working and eventualy the PPC stoped charging all together. You can find parts for it online. If all the buttons are working fine, then it's most likely the motherboard. Otherwise it should be the button board.
01) Press and hold down the "Calendar" and "iPAQ Wireless" buttons.
02) While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the "Reset" button/hole on the back of the iPAQ until the screen goes blank.
03) Release the "Calendar" and "iPAQ Wireless" buttons.
04) Press the "Reset" button/hole again (so that it resets/powers on.)
Try a soft reset first to allow programs to terminate, then try to delete programs, if that fails to work give the hard reset another try
HP iPAQ H3835 Pocket PC Troubleshooting, Support, Repair & Service
Just hold down the calendar and today buttons, these are the two outer buttons on the lower left and lower right, then using a stylus press and hold for at least ten seconds the soft reset button this is located on the lower right edge of the unit. The screen should reset and the iPAQ will boot up again.