I have a hplj 4250 printer and on the screen it says error 51.50. Does anyone know what this means. I will try and print something and the sheet comes out blank. I have replaced the toner but still nothing and still the 51.50 error.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A 49 error is usually caused by either a corrupt print file or file that the printer does not understand. In most cases updating the firmware will resolve these problems. First, unplug all usb and network cables attached to the printer and power it on. If it comes to ready that is a good sign. Make sure that there are no stale print jobs in the queue of any computer that prints to the printer. Plug the network or usb cable back in and see if the printer continues to stay on without a 49 error. If yes, then go to www.hp.com and download the current firmware for your printer. Most firmware updates for these units are available as an easyupdate utility. Run that utility from any computer that normally prints to the printer. Select that printer from the drop down menu in the utility. After the firmware has been updated the printer will restart and you are ready to go, with your 49 error a past memory.
HP Laserjet 4250 Network connected laserjet printer.
Steps to be follwed to set right :
01. Please check in number of desktops or laptops it connected.
02. Give proper IP Address in the Desktop or Laptop where it has to be orignally installed.
03. Being a network printer, lot of desktop or laptop users might have printing job iniated.
04. Right click the printer properties which is available bottom right hand corner ikon and delete or cacel all printing jobs.
05. The original desktop or laptop where the IP Address created will be rebooted. System should be restarted.
06. Try to print now to close this solution.
07. Still the problem persits, kindy contact local HP Authorised printer service engineer to set right this issue.
The internal storage system is full. You need to run the HP Web Jetadmin software and delete unnecessary files from the EIO disk device. When done, press the select button on the printer to return it to a ready state. You should be able to print small jobs yet as long as it doesn't require any temporary (or permanent) storage on the EIO disk.
Do you mean an HP 4250. If memory serves me right that error number refers to the main drive or cartridge drive. You may have broken the gear on the cartridge while installing it. Especially if your the type to slam it in there. It can happen with genuine and remans so don't go bemoaning reman cartridges...lol. Turn it off...put another cartridge in there...and see if if boots up. I work on printers for a living and had( I'm 95% sure ) that same error code a couple of weeks ago and fixed it for the customer over the phone this same way.
shivachadra is here.....just i faced this problem "Attention, Ready, and GO LEDs are on solid"
and i got solution in troubleshooting....just vi refixe the connetion of laser scanner........its the error of comunication between laser scanner and formatter....