Hi - just re-installed Windows and my @ key is now on the number 2 key - When i select the @ key i get a " - Looks like i have an American layout but can not remember how to change this back to English
Many thanks for any assistance
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Simply formatting the hard drive does not remove all residual traces of the previous installation. When you get to the step for formatting, go to the advanced button and delete the partition that contained windows 8. Then create a new partition in the space, format, and install windows 7.
In Windows, open the Control Panel, select Regional Language Options (in Vista this under Clock, Language, & Region). Select the Languages tab. In XP, click on details and set your keyboard to English (UK) (in vista, click on Change Keyboards). This should get the correct output for your keyboard.
If you are currently installing Windows - at the Enter Your Product Key
page, do not enter your key and uncheck "Automatically Activate When
Online" then click OK/Next to finish the installation.
have trouble activating Windows 7 open the Windows Activation Wizard
while in Windows 7 to use the phone and activate Windows: 1. When you reach the desktop click Start, then in the Search box type: slui.exe 4 2. Press Enter on your Keyboard 3. Select your Country. 4. Select the Phone Activation option, then call the number given and hold for a real person
1. Insert your Windows XP installation disc into your CD drive (Home or Pro--it does not matter).
2. Now as you computer boots a little more it will say "Press any key to boot from CD.." press a key to do so.
3. The CD will load up a blue screen and then spend a while loading files it needs. When it is finished it will list a few options, mainly "Press ENTER to set up Windows XP." Press Enter or Return.
4. Now you will be at a screen to select where to install Windows to. This is where you can delete old partitions and format drives. The box in the bottom half of the screen shows all your drives and the partitions that exist on them. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to highlight your "C:" partition and press the 'D' key (if all that shows up is "Unpartitioned space" and you have no C: or D: partitions, skip this step). On the next screen press the 'L' key to finalize deleting the partition.
5. Now you are back on the screen to choose where to install Windows. The box on the lower half of the screen should no longer show a partition but simply have an entry "Unpartitioned space xxxxxMB." Select this with the arrow keys and press the 'C' key to create a partition on the drive. The next screen tells you the minimum and maximum sizes the partition can be and lets you pick the size. The default size is the maximum, but double check that the number entered is the maximum and hit enter.
6. Now you will again be back at the choose where to install Windows screen. But this time you will have a partition that looks something like this "C: Partition1 [New (Raw)]xxxxxxMB." Highlight this entry and press enter.
7. The next screen lets you choose which file system to format the drive with. Choose NTFS as it is faster and more secure. If the drive is brand new and has never been used before then use one of the options that ends in "(Quick)." Or, choose one of the lower down options. Use the arrow keys to select the proper one and press Enter or Return.
8. From here you are all set and the installation of Windows will proceed starting with a format of your drive. This will take a while (over half an hour) so you can take a little break
Hi Good day!!! Here are some ways to repair your winXP
Repair Windows XP Files with System Restore
1. Save your work and close all open programs. Click Start, then Control Panel, then Performance and Maintenance. On the left side of the screen, click "System Restore."
2. Select "Restore my computer to an earlier time." Click Next.
3. Click a date with a bolded number in the calendar on the left. Make sure this date is at least 1 day in the past. On the right side of the window, select a restore point. Click "Next" twice to restore your system.
Repair Windows XP Files With the Installation CD
1. Back up all of your user files onto removable media such as CDs or DVDs. Find your Windows XP installation or recovery CD, and insert it into the optical drive that your computer can boot from. Click Start, then Turn Off Computer, then Restart to reboot your computer. When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message appears, press a key on your keyboard. Press "Enter" to start Windows XP setup, and press F8 to accept the licensing agreement.
2. Select the path of your Windows installation and press "R" to begin repairing it.
3. Follow the instructions provided by the Windows XP repair program and finish the reinstallation. Go to the Microsoft website and download Service Pack 2 from their website, then visit Windows Update to install Windows XP Service Pack 3, critical updates and Internet Explorer 7.
Thank you for using FixYa Don't forget to vote thanks!!
There is two steps in installing and activation Windows. First you need the Product Installation Key to install Windows. After Windows is installed, Windows will requite Activation. When you boot up Windows will ask you to Activate your Windows program (you are given a 30 days to activate then Windows will lock you out). You can activate Windows over the Internet or you can activate the Windows license using the phone. If you select the phone method you need to select your country and windows will display the phone number. Then follow the screen instructions.