Question about Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
I followed the instructions on the CD for the WPSM54G print server and configured it as directed. After I disconnected the Ethernet, turned off and on the print server, the CD proceeded to find the wireless print server but it could not. The same error is displayed - connection failed.
The main router is broadcasting its SSID and the MAC filtering is not on. I can only ping the static IP for the WPSM54G when it is connected to the main router via the Ethernet cable. Once it is trying to act wirelessly, I can't even ping the static IP.
1. first reset the printserver
2. make sure that the printer drivers are installed on the comp.
3. use a w/l comp on which we can go online
4. connect the w/l comp to the print server using ethernet cable and also connect the printer to the print server
5. put the print server cd into the comp and run setup.
6. make sure printer server is near to router and there is no firewall on the comp.
7. the setup will give the ipaddress to print server if not plz assign static ip on the printserver.
8. follow the wizard
9. it will ask u the w/l settings to enter. plz type the exact same n/w name and security password.and apply the settings.
10.after that it will connect u to the print server and u will be able to print if you will not u will find an error to open port.
11.you need to open standard tcp/ip ports for the printserver ipaddress that u have assigned.
12. if u dont knw, u can ask the comp vendor.
13. plz also confifm that the printer is compatible with ur print server.
thanx and regards
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2009 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Feb 23, 2009 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Nov 28, 2008 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Nov 27, 2008 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Sep 30, 2008 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
May 01, 2008 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Dec 02, 2007 | Linksys WPSM54G Print Server
Feb 19, 2006 | NetGear RP614 Router
1,728 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: