Question about Computers & Internet
1. connect to router using cable (RJ45)
2. make sure NIC configuration is set to dhcp client
3. click start run and type cmd in text field press enter on keyboard
4. type ipconfig /all in black window and press enter on keyboard
5. write down ip address of Gateway should be somthing like 192.168.x.x where x = number between 1 and 254.
6 open browser type in address bar http://192.168.x.x/
7 if you are promted for a username and password check the default username and password on the internet for the make and model for the router if this does not work then reset the router by finding the reset button usualy at the back of the router and use a paper clip to depress the reset button for at least 5 seconds go back to step 1.
8 once connected to web interface on router look for wirless LAN, security you will then find the network key or passphrase depending on what type of security is being used.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2018 | AOL Computers & Internet
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!