Question about HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer
I've had my HP 3600 for about 2 years now. The first yellow replacement cartridge lasted almost 8 months. I've had to replace the yellow cartridge 3 times now since Christmas, and my usage of this printer is definitely less than the first year I bought it. Is it possible that the yellow isn't actually empty and the sensor is malfunctioning? Is there a way to bypass this sensor? Please help! Big deadline tomorrow! Lisa Mayer
Not sure why you're going through the yellow toner so quickly. You might try pulling it out and shaking it some to re-distribute or loosen the toner inside.
Yes you can override the cartridge out of toner print halted problem. This is located in your User's manual and is stated as:
Replace Supplies feature
The printer has three options for low or exhausted supplies status:
● STOP AT OUT (the default setting): The printer continues printing while a print cartridge is low.
When the cartridge is out, the printer cannot print.
● STOP AT LOW: The printer pauses until you replace the low cartridge.
● OVERRIDE AT OUT: The printer continues printing even after some supplies have run out.
To set the Replace Supplies feature
1. Press Menu.
2. Press (down arrow) to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE, and then press (check mark button).
3. Press (down arrow) to highlight SYSTEM SETUP, and then press (check mark button).
4. Press (down arrow) to highlight REPLACE SUPPLIES, and then press (check mark button).
5. Press (down arrow) or (up arrow) to select the appropriate setting, and then press (check mark button) to set the selection.
● If you select OVERRIDE AT OUT and then press (check mark button), a warning message appears. To accept the override, select YES, USE OVERRIDE and press (check mark button), and then set the page limit for the override and press (check mark button).
6. Press Menu to return to the Ready state.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2012 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Nov 12, 2010 | HP CLJ2550L Color LaserJet Printer, 19 PPM...
Feb 05, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 11, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3600 Printer
May 29, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Dec 10, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 28, 2008 | HP Inkjet 1200dn Printer
230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!