Question about Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
I registered my nuvi205, and "thought" I was updating my maps...but now it shows a start-up message that "No detailed maps found that support routing. The nuvi cannot be used without them." It was working fine before I attempted the registration and update. I can't figure out what happened or how/where to re-install the old map.
First you will want to empty your recycling bin & clear your temporary internet files before re-downloading the Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe file. Below is the remainder of the fix I received from Garmin support and it worked for my unit. Hope this helps.
1. Extract the downloaded file Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe using 7zip(7zip.org) or WINRAR.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe 32 bit
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465-x64.msi 64 bit
2. After extracting, the files should be available at the location where you extracted the files.
3. Go to the extracted file location. Click on the Windows folder.
4. Right click on the Setup.exe file and Click Create Shortcut
5. Right click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe file and Click Properties
6. In the target line add " -build_map_image 006-D0783-04 " at the end of setup.exe". For example the end would look like xxx\Setup.exe" -build_map_image 006-D0783-04
7. Click Apply and OK.
8. Double click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe the map file will be built. Leave the Window open till completion of all steps. 9a. Windows XP: Click on Start>Run, then type in %Temp%. Another window will open.
9b. Windows Vista: Click on the Start Button, in the Start Search, type %temp%. Another window will open.
10. The file is placed in subfolder named 006-D0783-04.
11. Copy the gmapprom.img file from the folder to the Garmin folder on the Nuvi. (Double click on MyComputer>Nuvi drive>Garmin folder) Overwrite the existing file.
12. The Nuvi should now have the lower 49 installed. If you have any trouble with this fix, or are not comfortable trying it please call our Software Support Department at 1-800-800-1020. Please be at a computer that has high speed internet access as we may need to log on to your computer to resolve the issue. Make sure you have the program extracted using the 7 zip program provided above. Hours of Operation Monday – Friday: 8 am – 7 pm Central time (closed holidays)
With Best Regards,
Software Support Specialist
913-440-8280 (fax) Att: Joyce K
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
I had the same problem, I was on hold with garmin and a software specialist told me to do the following before I update the maps.
Before running next map udpate. Besure to delete the gmapsupp.img file in the Garmin folder on the gps.
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2015 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS
Sep 30, 2013 | Garmin nuvi 200 Car GPS Receiver
Mar 06, 2011 | Garmin GPS
Dec 12, 2010 | GPS
Aug 16, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Aug 13, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Aug 08, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Mar 20, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
532 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: