A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To re-create the Show Desktop icon on the Quick Launch toolbar, follow these steps....
1. Use any text editor (such as Notepad) to create a file with the following lines: [Shell] Command=2 IconFile=explorer.exe,3 [Taskbar] Command=ToggleDesktop 2. Save the new file as a file named Show Desktop.scf in the WindowsSystem or WinntSystem32 folder. Note that Notepad may automatically append a .txt extension to the file name. Remove this extension if Notepad adds it. These steps do not work if the file is named Show Desktop.scf.txt. 3. Quit Notepad. 4. Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, right-click the Show Desktop .scf file, and then click Create Shortcut. 5. Copy the new shortcut to the appropriate folder. In Microsoft Windows 95 or Windows 98, copy the shortcut to this folder: WindowsApplication DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick Launch In Microsoft Windows NT or Microsoft Windows 2000, copy the shortcut to this folder: WinNTSystem32 In Microsoft Windows XP, copy the shortcut to the following folder: WINDOWSSystem32ConfigSystemprofileApplication DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick Launch 6. Rename the shortcut to Desktop. The Show Desktop icon automatically appears on the Quick Launch toolbar. --------------------------- Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355/EN-US/
Any of you that do websites and like to open .html and similar files in notepad to edit scripts, this is the coolest windows registry edit ever you can download the zip file with the .reg in it (run it and it automatically adds itself to your registry) or do it manually.
Manually: regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\Shell add the key "notepad" it's default value should be "open with notepad" now, under "notepad", add the key "command" it's default value should be (with the quotes) "c:\windows\system32\Notepad.exe" "%1"
ok, exit regedit and go right click on ANY file... you new option: Open with notepad.
I know this one works on XP and 2000, you can PROBABLY enter it manually on windows 9x, but I have not tested that.
I know maybe not everyone cares... but this was fun for me because I love tweaking my computer and it makes some web design stuff easier for me :D
you have to download one crack file from this site. please search for windows xp sp2 crack file.
you can download one .zip file (extract the zip file).you can see one notepad file also. please read the notepad file (how to crack os file).
please crack your os ( it will register )
Based on your post/description, it would seem that most of your document/aaplication file associations have been moved over to notepad. This is only possible if:
1. Somehow you have lost/deleted your word processing application and all others;
2. Virus/malware infection which changed file association;
3. Registry change/fault;
4. System/Application files corrupted.
Actions you can try:
a. Scan your system for virus/malware
b. Apply/follow Microsoft's recommended repair/changing of file association in
c. Repair/Modify/Reinstall all your applications
d. Worst case scenario is you may have to reinstall your OS and of course thereafter all your applications.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Post back how things turn up or should you need further information.
Good luck and kind regards.
whatever you are downloading and trying to open is something that you have not got the software associated with it to open it and either you have chose notepad to open up the file or windows as selected it as default as it cannot find a programme that you have installed to open it.
If you know that you have an associated programme, right click on the file select open with and then browse for the required programe.