Stating more than one color of the same ink is installed? Printer has been running fine prior and is less than a year old? Of course there isn't 2 ink cartridges installed of the same color and the cartridges used are brand new Canon brand. Please send any help, I really need to print my children's school reports!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you encounter "Error Code 5B00" it means that the Printer Counter Protection is Full and it required a reset and Ink wastepad replacement, if you want your printer to work again. There are two ways to reset the Canon MP830 printer, One is by using a Software tool and the other is manually resetting the EEPROM of the printer. Below is the step by step procedure on how to reset your Canon printer.
1. Using Mptool Software to reset Canon MP830 Printer Turn of printer then run mptool software this software automatically detect the printer. Click reset main and reset platen button in the waste ink counter section. If you want to reset the cartridge ink level, click reset black and reset color in the ink counter section.
2. Manual Reset of the printer Turn off the Printers. Press and Hold the button Resume/Cancel then press POWER button. Release the Resume/Cancel button while keeping POWER button on press. Press Resume/Cancel 2 times and then release all the buttons. When the indicator recorded GREEN - click Resume/Cancel 4 times! Turn off and On the Canon Pixma MP Printers. And your done.
Printers have a mechanism to detect refilled cartridges. By default it does not accept refilled ones. But there's a work around. Have a set of two (preferably 3) cartridges , refill and cycle them. This way the printer wont be able to detect that you have inserted a refilled cartridge.
My best guess without knowing more is that your printer has both a color print cartridge and a black ink print cartirdge. Replace the black ink cartridge and you should be fine. You might also find that replacing the entire printer is less expensive....All the best!
Replacing the five ink tanks (cyan, yellow, magenta, black dye, and black pigment) is a simple task. The top of the printer flips up to reveal the ink tanks and the printheads, and by flipping a lever, you can pull out each tank individually. Being able to replace individual tanks is a boon, as you won't waste colors you use less frequently. Also, you won't need separate photo ink to print photos, which we appreciate. Canon ships the Pixma MP830 with full ink tanks. Replacement color and dye-based black ink tanks cost $14.25 apiece, while the pigment-based black ink tank costs $16.25. Canon estimates the cost per page for both black text and color text to be an inexpensive 2 cents.
when you change all new cartridges (make sure all cartridge ok, and the cartridge pins connection ok) still red color lost, it is the trouble at print head ink chanel some of that is too dry for longer time less using , most CANON printer head is separated from the ink cartridge, two way you may try:
1) take out the ink cartridge, drop down a little the special cleaner (best clean tools buy from dealer), to the head ink chanel hole, then set back the ink cartridge and waiting minutes
2) try put the print head bottom surface touch a little cleaner or water 1-2 hrs, if you can take out the print head unit. still not fixed for some case that should change the print head unit.