Question about NetGear DG834 Router
I would like to update my modem firmware to meet the requirement for Adsl 2+. My modem is Netgear DG834G V2. Thanks in advance!Judy
1. Please verify the model and version of the router underneath it.
2. Go to ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/dg834v2_dg834gv2_3_01_38_uk_only.zip to download the firmaware.
3. Save the file to the Desktop.
Note: Please perform firmware upgrade with wired or Ethernet connection only. Before you upgrade, write down all current settings as you need to enter them manually after upgrading.
4. Using the computer hardwired on the router, open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
5. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.0.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
6. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
7. Click on Maintenance and then Router Upgrade.
8. Click Browse and locate the upgrade file in your Desktop. Click Upload.
9. Please wait for the router to reboot.
10. Reset the router.
a. Please push the reset button at the back of the router and release after 30 seconds.
b. Unplug the power adapter for 10 seconds and then please plug it back in.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 12, 2014 | Cell Phones
Mar 06, 2012 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Dec 13, 2010 | Cell Phones
Jul 06, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Sep 26, 2009 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Aug 11, 2009 | 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Cable/DSL...
May 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 26, 2011 | NetGear DG834 Router
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: