Question about GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
HI, here's a break down of your issue and also an few causes and solutions to this problem.
F3 - F4 Open oven temperature sensor (circuit) (over 2700 ohms) or, shorted oven temperature sensor. Could be a result of:
· contamination on terminals
· pinched wire in oven temperature sensor circuit
· cold solder joint on control. · Disconnect power to range and remove oven temperature sensor connector from control.
· Measure oven temperature sensor resistance at oven temperature sensor connector (take care not to damage terminals in block) - Should read 1100 ohms at room temperature (approx 72 degrees F).
· Measure each oven temperature sensor lead from connector block to ground. If shorted, look for pinched or cut wire in oven temperature sensor circuit.
· Check connector terminals - Look for deformed or corrosion on terminals. Repair or replace.
If all above is ok replace control.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
F3 is Open Sensor circuit Open (blown) sensor fuse or bad Sensor
That happens after a self cleaning cycle, usually because temp probe is stuck or broken.
To start cut power for ten minutes by tripping the circuit breaker.Also allow the oven cooling down completely.
Connect back and hit cancel button.
If the door does not unlock, you will have to undo door lock, and replace the oven temperature sensor to solve the F3 problem.
You can find all parts and diagram for the oven here.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2010 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Apr 23, 2010 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Apr 22, 2010 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Sep 09, 2009 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Jun 26, 2009 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Nov 05, 2008 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Dec 15, 2007 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Oct 29, 2007 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: