Question about T-Mobile MDA
Havent used it in a while now..doest turn on or nothin..its a dead veggie..put the charger in 1 time for about 3-4 maybe five, idk, i just kno that i had it on the charger for a long time..still nothin..this guy just told me to put it in the frezzer for 12 hours an out it back in..idk, but its in the frezzer now, was this a good idea, or you have another solution? Help Please..
I had the same problem all i did was take 2 wires and zap the battery with a 9 volt and put it back in my phone and it turned right back on
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
The battery has been depleted beyond the level that the charger can handle. As someone else alluded to, if you are using a Motorola RAZR charger or a USB cable from your computer, it won't work to charge the phone. You'll need an OEM charger, which will provide the correct amount of amps to the battery without the charge having to be helped by the phone/computer.
Mine did this after I kept trying to start it when the battery was dead (yeah, I thought it was a good battery). I bought a new battery AND a new charger because it came to $12 total after shipping. Both worked perfectly to get me back going.
New batteries are like $7 on eBay and new chargers are about the same, so take your pick.
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
Thanks alot i love you dude
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
Your battery has been depleted past a chargable state. You can fix this, but do so at your own risk. You can simply purchase a new battery, that will work, just been sure not to let it deplete the battery totally anymore. Now, on to the fix -Take out the battery. -Get any usb cable you can find sitting around. (any usb wire will do, an old printer cable, anything with a usb end that can plug into your computer) -cut one end of the plug off. You need to leave the side on that connects to your computer. Cut off the side that plugs into a device (printer, camera, web cam, etc) -Strip the rubber off the wire and expose the wires inside. -Separate the wires from each other. You will only be using the BLACK and RED wires. -strip the very end of the black and red wires carefully using a wire cutter exposing the metal wire inside the red and black covering. -Plug in your home made battery charger to your computer. Careful not to touch any exposed metal, as it will give you a small shock. ****WARNING**** DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE RED AND BLACK WIRE TO TOUCH EACH OTHER ****WARNING**** -now carefully hold the black wire to the negative terminal on the battery (it should be noted with a black circle with a - in the middle). Then touch the red wire to the positive terminal (it will be noted with a red circle with a + in the middle). Hold the 2 wires there for 20 seconds. Then quickly plug the battery back into the phone, and then plug it into a regular charger. Give it little bit of time, if you've done everything correctly the charge light should come on. I had to repeat the last step again to get the light to turn on indicating it was charging. You must not hold the wires to the battery for too long, 20 seconds should do it. You can overload a battery with this trick and actually make it explode if you hold it there too long. You are well within the few minutes needed to detonate the battery due to overcharging by sticking very strictly to 20 seconds. Just be careful and you'll be fine. One you get a charge light give it a few minutes in the off position, then try powering up the device and keep it plugged in until you get 100% charge. Good luck, Peter email@example.com 561-537-3208
Posted on Oct 02, 2007
The freezer thing was a stupid idea. Maybe your charger is not an original charger? or if it is the charger port could be loose.
Posted on Sep 25, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2009 | T-Mobile MDA
Jan 30, 2009 | T-Mobile Dash Smartphone
Jul 08, 2008 | T-Mobile MDA
Dec 04, 2007 | T-Mobile MDA Compact Smartphone
Apr 14, 2007 | T-Mobile MDA
Apr 11, 2007 | T-Mobile MDA
446 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!