Question about Microwave Ovens
Microwave sparks and makes crackling noise when I try to melt butter chocolate anything fatty. This panansonic is only about a year old. I do not have anything metal in the oven when trying to do this.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The problem you are having is that the magnetron that does the heating is shorting out and it needs to be replaced before it damages the inside covering of the microwave. www.mwoparts.com is a good source for magnetrons or other similar sites. To replace is easy enough. Taking the cover off with the power off, you will find it behind and on the top right side of the control panel. It is held in place normally with just 4 screws and two wires with terminals attached to it. So removing and replacing is pretty straightforward. Just be sure all the power is off until you have everything back in place. Good luck.
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
1) How is the cavity damaged? Is it just peeling paint, or is it rust? If it's rust then the microwave could be dangerous.
2) The antenna cap usually has a small hole in the centre, but if there are any other holes in it the magnetron itself could be damaged, and holes caused by the magnetrin arcing.
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
in the top of unit is a round cover and damage is coming from here. This is serious and needs to be checked out. the cover contains a stirrer that moves waves around<<circulates them>> in this cavity probably paint is thin and allowing waves to penetrate metal of cabinet. Call manufacturer and see if there is anything they will do for you before taking it upon yourself to either get repairman or get rid of unit.stirrer is probably damaged and cabinet burned from waves.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Sounds like something has shorted out-blown. Unless it is a very expensive model it won't be worth fixing and is not something you should attempt yourself anyway. If under guarantee then get it repaired via the guarantee arrangements. No harm in checking the plug is wired properly but as the light and timer are working it is very doubtful it is a connection problem. I think you need to buy a new microwave!
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you ...sort of guessed the 'solution' . Great service thank you ."
In all likelihood the mangnetron has failed, or perhaps even the Power Supply. or a fault that is shutting the system down for safety reasons You need to have it serviced by a reputable service centre/man.
Ensure you get a firm "Quote" before proceeding, and remember these days the cost of repair can equal or exceed the price of a new one.
Posted on Feb 18, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the prompt response! We are off to buy a new one (not GE). "
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2016 | In Microwave Ovens
Sep 17, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Apr 23, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 05, 2011 | Samsung 1.8 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...
Jan 02, 2011 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Nov 27, 2010 | Maytag MMV5207AAS Microwave Oven
Aug 27, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 27, 2009 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Jan 09, 2009 | GE JVM1860 Microwave Oven
Sep 25, 2017 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
297 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!