Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
All lights flashing after a paper jam was removed
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer. We will replace the printer, only if it is under warranty.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We have a few of the HL-2070N's and I have seen this issue on a few of them. Usually it indicates one of several instances that can be found on Brothers website in the FAQ's about what does the LED indicate area.
The main solution I have found is that depending on where the paper jammed it has affected the drum/toner cartridge assembly somehow or another.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 30, 2011 | HP Deskjet 460c InkJet Printer
Jul 14, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 17, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 08, 2011 | Brother MFC-640CW All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 06, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
May 31, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 09, 2009 | Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer
Mar 28, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
329 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!