I try to add pix to my contacts' info, but when I'm adding the info or editing it (name, number, group, pic), I try to select a pic and all it says is "PHONEBOOK PICTURE EMPTY." I don't know what this means. I searched the whole phone for the settings and I didn't find anything about pix/contacts. I have the setting for enabling the pix to be shown when they call or I'm looking them up, but all I see is a pixel-dude with a question mark on his shirt as the pic for everyone.
Capture pictuers in the 72 x 72 resoltion, automatically this will show up when u try to add photos to your contacts. To take pictures in 72 x 72 resolution you need to change the setting of the resolution in your camera option before taking the picture.
Hope this helps
You have to take the pictures in 72x72 format in order to use them for your contacts image. I finally found this after looking on numerous websites. I tried it and it worked. The bummer thing is that you have to take the pictures that you want to use all over again.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
While "Speed Dialing" or "Speed Dial" is listed in its fax specifications on some sites, it appears to be a mislabeled categorization of its group fax feature as HP's manual makes no other mention of it--save to say, the "fax to multiple numbers" (or multiple recipients) feature. There does not appear to be a speed dial list, but there is a phone book feature for adding contacts (individual numbers) & groups. (The following is detailed in a more explanatory way on pages 65-66 of the user's manual (http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-5740-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6617253/model/6617254/manuals?cc=us&lang=en).
1. From the printer control display, touch Fax. 2. Touch Send Now. 3. Touch the telephone symbol to access its phone book feature. 4. Touch the person symbol for a phone book contact; or touch the multiple person symbol for a group of phone book contacts. (Note: Contacts should be established before any of these could be added to any group.) 5. Touch + (plus sign) to add a contact/group; or touch the gear symbol (edit) to edit/delete a contact/group. 6. Touch Name. 7. Changes to contacts/groups: •Adding a contact/group: type the name, & then touch Done. ••Adding a fax number to a contact: Touch Fax Number, enter this contact's fax number, & touch "Create". ••Adding a contact to a group: Touch Number of Members, select all of the contacts to add to this group from this printer's phone book, & touch Select followed by touching "Create".
•Editing: Select the contact/group name, & then touch Done. Then... ••Editing a Contact: touch Fax Number, enter the fax number, & touch Done. ••Editing a Group: touch Number of Members & deselect the contacts to remove from this group or touch + (plus sign) to add contacts to this group. Then touch Done.
•Deleting a contact/group: Select the name, & then touch Delete followed by touching Yes.
If you have a Mac, you can import certain formats from previous address books or, if you already use Contacts, simply sync it on iCloud.
On the phone itself, you can open the Contacts app or the Contacts button in the Phone app, and add each address, one-by-one, by touching the + icon in the upper right of the screen and completing the blank card. Once you touch "done", you can go on to the next.
You have to copy all your sim contacts on your phone memory. Then you will gain access to other features like( adding another number,email,picture,ringtone,notes,etc.
And you have to check from phone setting which memory phone will use to create the newer contacts, you can let it ask you every time you create a new contact where to save,on phone memory or sim card.
Create contact (Menu 2.3)
Use this menu to add a new contact to Phonebook.
Storing a number in the phone’s memory
1. Select Phone.
2. Change the settings or enter information about the
• First name/Last name: assign a name.
• Mobile/Home/Office/Fax/Other: add a
number in any category.
You can change the number type, or set the
number as the default for the contact by
pressing <Options> and selecting Change
type or Mark as default number.
• Email: assign an e-mail address.
• Graphic ID: assign a caller ID image to alert you to a call from the person.
• Ringtone: assign a ringtone to alert you to a
call from the person.
• Group: assign the number to a caller group.
• Birthday: enter the person’s birthday.
• Notes: add a memo about the person.
3. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.
Storing a number on the SIM card
1. Select SIM.
2. Select New or Update.
3. Enter information about the contact:
• Name: assign a name.
• Phone number: add a number.
• Location: assign a location number.
4. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.