Question about Dell Dimension 4550 PC Desktop
Windows xp in my dell desktop and drivers but i cannot connect to the internet i tried to update my ethernet adaptors but so far no go
For Windows 2000 or XP:
1. Click on Start, go to Settings and then Control Panel.
2. Click on System, go to Hardware and then Device Manager.
3. Click the (+) sign on Network Adapters and select the adapter.
4. Double click on it and read the Device Status.
if device is working properly, close device manager
Checking your Network Connections settings;
For Windows 2000 and XP:
a. Please click on Start, select Settings and then Control Panel.
b. Double click on the Network Connections icon.
c. Right click on Local Area Connection and click on Properties.
d. Scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on Properties.
e. Select the option Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server automatically.
f. Then, click on OK.
To test your network;
1. Please click on Start on the lower left hand side of your computer screen.
2. Click on Run.
3. In the Run box, please type in cmd.
4. Then, please click on the OK button.
5. Please type in ping www.google.com.
6. Press on Enter key.
7. The packets sent and received should be a total of 4.
If you have 4 replies, then you are online.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2011 | Dell OPTIPLEX 745 PC Desktop
Mar 07, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Feb 03, 2010 | Dell Dimension E521 PC Desktop
Nov 15, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebook
Jul 06, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 531s Desktop Computer
May 09, 2009 | Dell Dimension™ E510 PC Desktop
Dec 09, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Sep 07, 2008 | Dell Dimension 1100 PC Desktop
Mar 17, 2008 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Feb 21, 2007 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!