Question about iRiver H10 MP3 Player
My system files are missing
I fixed this problem for my mate, here's what I did:
1) plugged in H10 to pc that didn't have any iriver software on it
a) I've read if you press the "o" button on the iRiver H10 when connecting it will just connect as a usb mass storage device
2) the H10 now appears as a mass storage device
3) right click on the drive, and select format ( I choose quick format)
4) install the iRiverFirmware updater from http://iriveramerica.com/support/mtpupdate/
5) when you run the updater, it found the H10, then asked if the device was from USA or Europe, mine was from Europe
6) It stated that the iRiver firmware was v0.0, and would install v2.51 (I've seen v2.53 available on the european iriver website but could not download it).
7) proceed with installing the updated firmware
8) on the last screen it says, unplug to complete firmware update - NOTE press Finish first before unplugging
9) switching on the iRiver it 'rebooted' a few times and then when the menu appeared, I connected to the pc and just dropped some mp3 files into the music directory and all was okay.
hope this helps.
Here is for the Iriver H10 software:
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try doing a format via windows explorer. Right click on the drive and then format as fat32. Then unplug and open iriver plus. Reconnect. See if that works. Good luck!
Posted on Aug 23, 2007
SOURCE: system files missing
Try installing Iriver plus(or plus 2) on another machine, then connect your H10 if it finds the device you can use the recovery tool to reinstall the firm ware. (ps the european iriver site is awful best check out the us one)
Posted on May 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 13, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jul 23, 2009 | Acer Aspire One AOA150-1983 Notebook PC
Sep 21, 2008 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Apr 18, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jan 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
320 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!