An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: visual problem with laptop screen
Generally a screen defect.
You can attempt to reconnect the cables going from the system board to the LCD by removing the screws on the bottom for the Keyboard, Palm rest, and bezel. The system board connection is hard to miss, usually centered near the top on Lenovo's.
Can you connect your laptop into another computer screen? See if that works. If so, then your screen is going bad. I would not recommend replacing the screen unless you are a harware expert. If the lines are still there try booting into VGA mode by pressing F8 at first startup. You might have a failing video card or corrupt drivers.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Nokia life timer is a counter that keeps track of the Total call time of your phone. It will show how much the phone has been used, and it?s the best thing to check if you?re planning to buy a used Nokia Mobile. To see the Total Call Time or the life timer counter, On the standby screen type the following code *#92702689# (Easy way to remember this is ? *#war0anty#). And it will pop up a message that shows the life timer in hours and minutes.
Here is a detailed procedure to make this life timer zero.
REQUIREMENTS: The following files are required to reset the life timer:
PROCEDURE: 1. Download and Extract the lifetimer.pm file, and Download Nemesis Service Suite.
2. Install Nemesis Service Suite on your Computer, It won?t take much time.(select the first option)
3. Install Nokia Cable Drivers (No need to install, if you have Nokia PC Suite already installed)
4. Connect The Phone in ?PC Suite? Mode to the PC
5. Open Nemesis Service Software
6. Click on ?Scan for new Device? Button on Top right Corner
7. It Will take a few seconds to scan, and it will load up the software interface after communicating with the Phone.
8. Click the ?Phone Info? Button.
9. On the Bottom, Select and open the ?Permanent Memory? Tab, which is next to the Fbus info.
10. Click the ?Write? button on Below right, and open the Extracted lifetimer.pm file on your PC.
11. After the lifetimer.pm file is opened , it will immediately start writing it to the Phone?s EEPROM Area.
12. The Procedure will end when the progress bar reaches 20%. This is normal , and on the bottom right side, it will display its done.
13. Unplug the Phone, and Restart it.
14. After boot up, Check the life timer .
Note: This method has been tested on following devices: Nokia 6630, 6670, 6680, 5500 sport, 5700XM, 6110 Navigator, 6120 Classic, N70, N72, N73,N76, E50, E51, E61i, E65, N80, N91, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM Mobile devices. If you want to try it on other S60v3 or S60v5 mobiles, do it at your own risk.
Power Failure During Writing will cause damage to the Phone, And there is a chance that it might brick the phone as well.
Loose, worn out Data Cables Might fail the Writing process, and there are chances of damage to the EEPROM area of the phone.
Do not attempt this with phones that are not included in the confirmed list.
Usually a third symbol on a key will require the holding of another key to apply that symbol as when holding the shift key to go upper case and what not. But the third the symbol is usually a different color and the key to press to access that symbol is the same color as the symbol is. Such as with many laptop keyboards the FN key (usually at the bottom left side of the keyboard) is a bluish color and pressing it is required to apply the blueish symbols on keys. I hope this helps.
Sorry to tell you, it is not a scratch, but a bad cable connection from the driver IC's, connecting up the plasma screen to the drive board, or the drive IC for that section of the screen is defective. It is not a repair a user can do as there are no user replaceable parts inside this set. Your going to have to call NEC or an experienced Plasma repair shop.