Question about Sony Televison & Video
Hello, My Girlfriend in England has a SamSung TV, originally I set it up for DTV and scanned all the channels, and things worked well. Her friend stayed over and connected a Wii and has now returned it but my girlfriend needs to know how to re-scan for DTV channels. I do not have the manual with me. All I know it's a relatively new TV, flatscreen, about 42" diagonal, and I would like to know if you have any tips I may pass on to her. Thanks, William
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i've just some digging around and found that you can access a service menu and perform a reset which sorted the issue for me.
Access the service menu by pressing, in order, whilst the tv is in stand-by mode:
when the tv comes back on you will have a service menu; select option 12 (reset) the tv will then switch off.
this will reset your TV back to factory defaults.
turn tv back on and you should be prompted to go through the plug and play setup again - go through everything and then all should start working OK (it did for me)
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
Updating the Channel List Automatically You can update the channel list when the broadcaster adds new Services or if you move the TV to a new location.
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the ENTER button.
2. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Channel", then press the ENTER button.
3. Press the ENTER button again, to select "Country".
4. Select the appropriate country by pressing the ▲ or ▼ button. Press the ENTER button to confirm your choice. Even though you have changed the country setting in this menu, the country setting for Analogue TV is not changed. (Refer to page 11 of the user guide)
5. Press the ▲ or ▼ button again, to select "Auto Store". Press the ENTER button. When it has finished, the number of scanned services will be displayed. The existing favourite channel list will not be deleted when the channel list is updated. To stop the scan before it has finished, press the ENTER button with "STOP" selected.
6. Press the EXIT button to exit. If the signal status is poor, the "No Service found! Check the aerial connection" message is displayed. Check the aerial connection and the try the procedure again
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2014 | Seiki 32" LED TV - SE321FB
Sep 29, 2011 | Olevia LT32HVE 32 in. LCD Television
Jan 24, 2011 | Protron PLTV-32 Television
Jan 22, 2011 | Vizio M220VA 22 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 07, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 14, 2010 | LG LST-4200A DTV Receiver
Sep 30, 2009 | Samsung LN-S3251D 32 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 07, 2008 | Televison & Video
Aug 16, 2017 | Sony Televison & Video
Aug 14, 2017 | Sony Televison & Video
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!