Canon 4150 , document to print ends up not printing and goes into "queue" , everytime I try to print any document it ends up in the "queue" file.
Background: I installed a new copy of XP professional with the service packs , 2 and 3 and all the updates. I installed the Canon software package. Reconnected the cords and now it shows up on the Control Room , does everything right except it wont print out at the printer and it shows up in the "queue" print lineup file.
What did I do wrong?
Have you gone into the queue and deleted the print jobs and started again? Do you have any error lights? If so there could be a hardware problem with the printer.
Try taking out the toner and putting it back in. Sometimes that will force the printer to reset intself.
If that doesn't help then you may have to delete the printer from the system and re-install it.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like you have print jobs stuck in the print queue. Try deleting all documents in the queue and resending print job. Some print drivers choak on PDF documents. Try updating the print driver by download it from the manufacturer.
Try deleting printer then re-installing printer and updating the print driver.
1. make sure to check if the hardware is able to make color copies, that way u can be sure there is no harware issue.
2. You can download and run an HP utility tool that can help you fix the problem instantly from this page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&lang=en&softwareitem=mp-91788-1
3. If you still get the same issue, restart the computer and check the print queue. If there are no print jobs in the queue, you resolved the issue.
4. If print jobs remain in the queue, check the connection between the HP printer and the computer, make sure USB is properly seated if its a USB connection, otherwise if it's wireless, make sure both devices are connected to the network.
5.If issue still persists,make sure the printer is set to online.
6.Manually clear the print queue, restart the comp then try printing again.
&. If #6 doesn't resolve the issue.Restart the print spooler by clicking on Control Panel, then double-click Administrative Tools .Double-click Services--In the list of Services , double-click Print Spooler . The Print Spooler Properties window opens, then click Stop to stop the Print Spooler. Click Start to restart the Print Spooler.Click OK and restart the computer.Try printing again.
8. If print jobs from one specific software program are getting stuck in the print queue, the issue might be with the software program or the print driver.Close the software program from which you are trying to print, and then open it again.Print a document from the software program.If the print job gets stuck in the print queue again, try printing a document from Notepad to determine whether the problem is with the program or the driver.Repeat the steps earlier in this document to manually clear the print queue.Type a test message in Notepad and print it, making sure you select your HP product as the printer. If you can print the document from Notepad, but not from the software program, contact the software program manufacturer for assistance.If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.9. Remove and Reinstall HP software, then try printing again. If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting. If the issue persists , continue to the next solution.10. A power reset drains the power from the product and returns to the same settings after restarting. A power reset is a common troubleshooting step, and you can perform one for conditions like print jobs getting stuck in the queue. With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.Wait at least 15 seconds.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.11. If you have tried all of the preceding solutions in the order presented , and the issue is not resolved, try HP forums.
Try going to control panel, printers, and check if it says your printer is ready to print..... also right-click on your printer and click cancel all documents.... It should clear the queue, often printers won't print because there are too many documents in queue and I guess it just freezes up.... Hope this helps :)
Remove your printer from the PC and uninstall the printer software. Now reinstall the printer software and connect the Printer to be detected and installed. Check printer properties to see the ink levels. Use head cleaning before a test is taken .
Check to make sure the application your printing from isn't defaulting to the manual tray...if so the printer will just sit there until you load the manual tray.
One other thing to check is if he Print job you are printing, is it actually getting to the Printer? Open the Printer so you can see the Queue, and then print something. If the printer is connected properly you will see the document show up in the queue, if the document isn't in the queue, you have another problem.
hi im josh in cebu phils. friend try to go printer settings then click cancel all documents printing then reboot your pc.if still occurs try to reinstall the driver software.thats all for now good luck friend.