Question about Uniden Cordless Phone
This type of phone base will accomodate 4 handsets. Two of the handsets have gone into NEED REGISTRATION mode. I have tried several times to reregister but no luck. Disconnected battery and reconnected but still will not register.
1. press the "talk" button FIRST
2. then press "program" button and follow instructions on screen
only one phone said "needs registration" but had to register all 4 phones but this worked for me
hope this helps
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
I faced a similar problem.try doing this
1) go to handset menu & somewhere u wil find registration
2)it wil ask for pin , try 5555 or 0000
3)it wil display waiting for reg or searching......
4) press the base station button for some 5 seconds until it beeps continuosly & stops....
5) as beep stops press 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 in handset ( no. of hanset handled by base)...try all possibilities ( sometimes takes automatically if u dont press any number)
6) thats it.......
Posted on Oct 24, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Resetting the Handset
YOU might need to deregister the hand set first by holding down the red end (hang up key) and keep it down while holding the # key. If deregister wont work use base unavailable and yes, you are sure twice.
List the handset numbers of those working handsets
Using a WORKING handset follow these directions
If you want to register the handset to a different base or
replace a handset with another one, you must first clear the
registration information from the base and the handset.
1. Press and hold [ ] and [#] for
at least 5 seconds, until the
SYSTEM RESET menu
2. Select the DEREGISTER HS
submenu. WHICH HANDSET?
appears in the display.
3. Move the cursor to select the handset ID to be de-registered
from the list, and then press the OK soft key. DEREGISTER HS
appears. CHOSE A NUMBER THAT IS NOT ONE OF YOUR WORKING HANDSETS
4. Move the cursor to select YES, and then press the OK soft key.
When ARE YOU SURE? appears, select YES. You will hear a
PUT THE HANDSET IN THE BASE CHARGER AND IT SHOULD REGISTER
Hope This Helps - It worked for me
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
SOURCE: ADDING HANDSET SAYS OUT OF RANGE
A search of Uniden support only said to call 1-800-297-1023 with handset registration issues. The rep picked up quickly and walked me through the reset procedure. Here it is step-by-step:
1. Remove battery
2. Hold down the * and # buttons and reinsert battery. You should hear a long beep. If not retry. (This is a bit awkward but hold the handset upside down and it's workable)
3. Screen will be blank. Immediately press the right soft menu button.
4. Screen will report that EEPROM is clearing and then state EEPROM Clear Ok
5. Remove battery (yes again)
6. Reinsert battery (this time there's no need to hold down any buttons)
7. Handset will reboot with Welcome screen and then state that phone must be registered (this is the status a handset should be in from the factory)
8. Place handset on base and it will register as normal
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2014 | Binatone Lifestyle 1910 Twin Cordless...
Aug 22, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jul 22, 2010 | Doro DECT 540 Cordless Phone
Jan 02, 2010 | Philips DECT5112 Cordless Phone
Jan 26, 2009 | GE 27958GE1 Cordless Phone
Jan 10, 2009 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jun 09, 2008 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Nov 08, 2007 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Apr 10, 2007 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jun 26, 2006 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone
Oct 14, 2016 | Uniden Cordless Phone
525 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!