With the last 2 or 3 weeks every time i switch off my computer and may be turn it back on straight away or even the next day i have to re start windows defender even though i have it set to be on all the time .i have up to date norton anti virus and scan regulary.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error commonly occurs within the operating system at the time of windows updates. If this error is not fixed, it will lead your system slow or even corrupt it. This error may arise for the following reasons,
1. windows defender update
2. Damaged system files.
3. Third-party anti-virus and malware.
Solution for the windows 10 updates 0x800705b4 error code:
Right here are a few solutions for troubleshooting 0x800705b4 error code, Method 1: Uncheck the "get updates for other Microsoft products when you updates windows" option:
• Open the "Windows Update" and click "Advance Options".
• Uncheck the "get updates for other Microsoft products when you updates Windows" Option if it's marked.
• Now the update process should complete successfully.
• You may run this process continuously until you get the "your device up to date" message.
• Once this message appears, again check/select "get updates for other Microsoft products when you updates Windows" Option. Method 2: Temporarily disable the "Windows Defender"
• In case, the above solution doesn't work, you can disable the" Windows Defender" for temporarily.
• Type Defender in the search box and open the Windows Defender Desktop app.
• Click "Settings" and turn off the Real-Time Protection and Cloud-Based Protection options.
• Close the setting window and now the windows defender appears in red. Note: After that do all the steps in solution 1 again, hope the update process will be successful this time. Once this issue is fixed, you can turn on both Real-Time Protection and Cloud-Based Protection. Method 3: Run the Windows Update in "Clean Boot"
You should login computer as an administrator for performing "Clean Boot". Method 4: Run the "Microsoft Update Troubleshooter" and Restart the Windows Update:
Still, if you having update issue, download the "Windows Update Troubleshooter" and Run.
After this, restart the "Windows Update Service".
Follow these steps for Windows Update Service restart,
• Open the Command Prompt(CMD)
• Type "net stop wuauserv" then press "enter"
• Wait for the confirmation message.
• Then type "net start wuauserv" then press "enter"
• Wait for the confirmation message.
Hope the above solution will fix the update issue.
Computer does not boot up The problem maybe the RAM, it is faulty or just needs reseating to make proper electrical contact. Reseat the RAM and then boot up your laptop. If it still does not boot up then remove the RAM module/s and take them to your friendly computer repair shop and get them to test the RAM for you.
The Windows Defender Application is the Antivirus Software which will be pre-installed with the Windows Operating System(Windows Vista, Windows 7).
The Computer will always Shut down after any Windows Updates or any Operating System Updates are downloaded and installed.
If you are connected to the Internet and running Windows Defender, the Computer will automatically download the Updates for the Windows Defender Application.
Once the Updates are downloaded and installed, the Computer will prompt for a shut down.
The count down will be for 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, the Computer will install the downloaded Updates and shut down.
This might be the reason for the Computer to shut down while using the Windows Defender.
If the Computer still shuts down randomly, the issue might be due to overheating.
All the Processors in Notebooks are designed to shut down automatically, if there is any overheating issues.
The overheating issue mainly occurs due to the malfunction of the Cooling fan.
If the Computer shuts down frequently, the issue might be due to the above factors.
It would be better to get the Unit examined at the Service Center.
This monitor was released in 2004, due time to check for bad caps with bulging top in the power supply, post back waht you see so we can guide you further, see example of failed monitors due to bad caps: http://s807.photobucket.com/home/budm/allalbums
On your own head be it, Open w/defender then goto TOOLS - OPTIONS & uncheck all the boxes.
Then goto w/Firewall and ensure defender is not in use there. By disabling defender you are also interfearing with microsoft updates for other programes other than just defender. Remember vista is still a baby and is constantly being updated,new service packs are being created day by day to improve the "ultimate operating system" lol yeah right. I disabled mine last year and had nothing but trouble.firewall wouldnt let things in/out ,internet kept crashing.I eventually had to uninstall the nightmare that is NORTON anti virus. and find a program that would work well along side defender and the one i recomend is AVG. its free,easy and defender loves it.Defender is a major part to the whole windows operating system.I dont think you can fully disable it as you will find out eventually.