- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Red light lit on freezer means that is not reaches operating temperature.
Most often the old freezer has three indicator lights.
- Green light : that it is brought to a power source and turned on - Red light : means that the temperature is above -18 degrees
- orange light : pressing the so-called SUPER-switch which means that the compressor is running continuously. The SUPER-button switch on a few hours before you begin deep-freeze foods. Freezing time depending on foods quantity (kg). With old freezer must be careful to turn off the switch S (orange light) when the red light goes out or when foods are frozen, otherwise after a few days may burn out the compressor. You should be following the instructions from user manual.
In new freezer managed by the electronics, this function has a predetermined maximum duration, in order to protect the compressor, and can have different marketing names like "shopping".....
if you turn the freezer off for some time then on again the red light has to come on as an indicator for high temperature it goes off by itself when the freezer attains the required temperature according to the thermostat settings ,that is the lower the settings the faster the red light goes off. the orange light indicates super cooling and the green light indicates power supply.if you turn the two lights off and the freezer still works without the green light on that means that the bulb for the green light is faulty and you don,t need to worry
The Amber light is the Power 'On' indicator. The Red light is a Temperature Alarm indicator. THe Red light comes on if the freezer compartment rises above 20 degrees F (for example a freezer malfunction or someone left the door open). You also probably have a rocker switch (or two holes that are over a rocker switch) that is in between these two indicators. If you do, that's an audible (loud buzzer) alarm when the red light comes on. The rocker switch is a simple on-off switch to silence the alarm or turn it back on.
I cannot find any manual or information on the 3 lights. I would assume that the green light means everything is OK, the red means current problem, and the amber means manual defrost is due.
Sorry, this is the best I can do.