a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Initializing the scanner will erase all programmed information and return your scanner to its original factory settings. To initialize your scanner:
- Power the scanner OFF. - Power the scanner ON. "Multi-system Trunking Scanner" appears on the display. - Press 0 (zero) while the above message is displayed. - Press 1. - Press ENT. "Initializing please stand by" appears on the display.
DO NOT power the scanner OFF until the initializing process is complete and the display shows "M000 Bank0 Ch00"
Bill B. Listening in professionally since the 60's
Background of issue- When 4345/M4345 boots up, amber light comes on under start button and the message "Initializing Scanner" is displayed. The unit will print but will not preform any scan functions.
Steps taken to try to resolve issue: 1. Updated firmware 2. Restored factory defaults 3. Took off cover in back of printer covering scanner controller board and reseated all cables 4. Took apart scan unit and cleaned (2)mirrors in scan head 5. Took off back cover of unit, reseated cables coming from scanner controller board 6. Ran Scanner Test, in menu (which everything functions properly)
Usually I would say scanner or controller board has failed but I had 3 M4345 come down with this issue in one week. The only resolve i've found for this issue is repetitively turning on and off the unit until it comes up without "scanner initializing" message. Once it comes up it functions 100% until the unit is turned off and issue will come back.
I'm at a loss here with so many units having same issue, open to any advice. I once took the formatter out of bad unit and put it in good one and it caused the issue in the good one but i'm double verifying this tonight. Thanks for any help.
Resetting or initializing the scanner may clear your problem.
To RESET the scanner:
- Turn the power OFF, then turn it ON again. - Insert a pointed object (paper clip end, ballpoint pen tip, etc.) into the RESET opening on the side of the scanner, then press and release the button inside the opening.
If the above doesn't clear the problem, try the more drastic INITIALIZE procedure. NOTE: this step will erase all data that you have programmed into the scanner and restore it to original factory settings. To INITIALIZE the unit:
- Turn the scanner OFF then ON again. The scanner briefly displays the DSP boot version, then "Welcome to Digital Trunking" displays. - Press "0". The scanner displays "System Tests Select Test Exits if no Key Press" - Press "1". The scanner displays "Factory Unit Erase Memory ENTER if Yes CL to Exit" - Press ENTER. The scanner displays "Initializing Clr Main Mem V-Scan is OK Please Wait" - Do not power the scanner OFF until INITIALIZE is complete. When the process is complete the scanner will display "M0000" on the top line and "Bank 0 Ch 0" on the bottom line.
If neither of the above steps works for scanner I recommend that you take it to your nearest Radio shack and arrange certified repairs.
Need the manual for your scanner? You can download/print it here:
Most of the time I solve this problem by cleaning the scanner. You have to clean it real good. Take out the scanner bulbs and clean underneath the bulb sockets. You may not be able to do this. You may want to call a tech.
Had exact same problem. Went to HP site and they said to check "add or remove programs" functions (in control panel) and if there are multiple copies of HP software to download their fix. I checked, had multiple copies, downloaded patch and all worked well again.