Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

C drive has 100gb where i don't want to save personal files. Need to split.

It has 100GB on C: drive, which i want to transfer to my personal drive, may be d drive. the purpose is not to touch or hamper system files on C: drive & keep all the personal files into other drives safely. Is it possible and if yes, how? regards

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 67 Answers

This is a great program click > HERE

Posted on Apr 13, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I love you

Time to upgrade to a larger spaced drive. The prices for ATA drives have dropped very low. Many are purchasing 1TB drives these days. If 100GB is enough for you. Replace the old one. I love you too!

Jun 03, 2013 | Gigaram 100GB IDE ATA100 4200RPM 1.8in x...

1 Answer

I have a 1.5 GB external hard drive with 105 GB of free disk space. I want to transfer some files from my laptop to this device (6GB each) but it says the destination drive is full. please help, can i...

More than likely you are receiving that message because your 1.5gb drive is formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32) It can only accept files that are 4gb and smaller. You can partition the drive so that the 100gb left is FAT32 but you could lose everything.

If I were you I would transfer everything off the drive (that I want to save) format it NTFS or Journeled Case Sensitive (if you have a Mac) then copy everything back over including the other 6gb files.

Hope this info helps, if you have more questions or advice just ask.

Mar 24, 2011 | Acer (A2200HD60) Hard Drive

3 Answers

What shall i set my laptops partitions on c and d drive at its a 500gb memory

It's more of a personal choice.

If you have a lot of "DATA" then its sometimes nice to seperate that onto the "D:" partition, then if you have any OS issues down the road, you can easily Re-install your OS and programs without loosing any of your DATA on the D: Drive.

If this is not a concern then you can just leave it as One Full Drive (C: = 500GB)

I would keep at a minimum 100GB for Windows OS, Programs, Updates, Swap file etc for the C: drive.

Jan 01, 2011 | Samsung R530 Notebook

1 Answer

Drive only reports 56gb to partition - missing 100gb! How do I access the remaining space?

Click Start
Right-mouse click "My Computer".
Click "Manage".
Expand the "Storage" part of the tree.
Click "Disk Management".
View the diagram for your disk-drive.
Does it show the 56GB partition, followed by 100GB of "unallocated" space,
or does it show one (approximately) 160GB partition?

If the former, backup all the files in the partition (copy to an external disk-drive, or copied to DVD-recordable disks, or to another computer).
Then, use "Disk Management" to delete that "small" partition, and to define a new partition that "spans" the entire volume, and to initialize the partition.
Then, copy the "saved" files back onto the drive.

Dec 18, 2010 | Western Digital Scorpio WD1600BEVS 160 GB...

1 Answer

Can i make my 80GB hard drive to 100GB? 80GB 7200rpm SATA SAMSUNG

This is not possible, 80Gb is 80Gb and 100gb is 100gb, but I am afraid, even if you like to replace, you'll not be able to get 100gb since it's no a standard Hard disk capacity. If you are trying to upgrade, then you can find 120gb, 160gb, 250gb, 320gb etc... Good luck. Thanks for using FixYa.

Jun 06, 2010 | Samsung 80GB INTERNAL 3.5- IN SATA HDD...

1 Answer

Upgrading hardisk

yes but you will have reinstall windows and save any files you need on another external medium like a external hard drive

May 08, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook

1 Answer

Recover Data

Ok,Download software for recover your data from Memory Card, Phone, HDD or any other Storage Device ----
Download from the following link ------

Note- this software is works only with windows operating system so, connect your Memory Card, Phone, HDD or any other Storage Device to computer to recover data.

For any other help contact me.


Nov 16, 2008 | LaCie Design by F. A. Porsche 160 GB Hard...

1 Answer

SimpleTech 100GB SimpleDrive portable USB

Sounds like the file system on the disk is now corrupt. You may need to use a recovery programme to get your files back but nothing is for free.

Jun 17, 2017 | SimpleTech 100GB SimpleDrive portable USB...

5 Answers

Hard drive swap and repair

use a back up service for can find one through this link, called Mozy @ home

May 05, 2008 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

23 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides