Can't connect home comp to laptop
how many wireless computers do you have?
is it a dekstop or laptop?
if desktop have you installed a wireless adapter? if laptop, is it using a built-in wireless adapter, have you enabled the wireless adapter or have you installed a wireless adapter?
please make sure first that the wireless adapters are installed properly or enabled on your computers, if everythings OK.
access the setup page of your router and change the wireless settings of it.
how to access the ui
- open the internet explorer
- on the address bar type in 192.168.1.1 hit enter
- enter admin under password, leave it empty for the username and click ok
- click the wireless tab
- set the wireless mode to mix, change the wireless network name or ssid with any preferred name you want to use, make sure to enabled the ssid broadcast and then click save settings.
- after that, under wireless tab, there are sub tabs, click wireless security
- set wireless security to WPA-PERSONAL, and under passphrase, enter your desired password for wireless connection, take note of it and please be reminded that its case sensitive.
- click save settings.
for your wireless computers, if adapters enabled and working fine, on the system tray you should have an icon for the wireless connection, doubles click on it and it will pop for the wireless connection window wherein you can see the name that you set on your router, all you have to do is select the name click on connect and it should ask you enter a password, enter the passphrase you set on the router and click connect. then check if you can go online, if yes do the same thing with other computers.
Have a great day ahead.
Sep 28, 2008 |
Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router