I have a workbook with 3 sheets. Sheet 1 has the Names, Date of Birth and ADM No. of learners.
Sheet 2 and 3 has formulae echo-ing the data in sheet 1 and columns with marks for each of 2 learning areas - one on each sheet.
I need to be able to sort across the sheets ie if the names get swopped in sheet 1 then the corresponding marks in sheet 2 and 3 must also be swopped.
I have a solution for you. Asuming your 'main' sheet is Sheet1. On Sheet2, in the same line as your data on sheet1 (i.e. A5 on sheet1 is JIM), then on A5 on sheet2, enter a link ( the = ) and enter. copy this formula down. Do the same with Sheet3 linking to Sheet1. When you sort Sheet1, Sheet 2 and 3 will follow.
Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
pen both the sheets in the same window as:-
1. View Tab-->New Window --> Arrange All --> tiled
2. Open first sheet in first window and second in second window
3. now create formula simply by clicking in corresponding sheets and selecting cells.
Alternatively you can use following format of addressing:-
1. SheetName!CellAddress (Same Workbook)
2. [WorkbookName]SheetName!CellAddress (Different Workbooks)
For more clarification please mail on firstname.lastname@example.org with screenshots.
The default Excel
file format. Cannot store VBA macro code or Microsoft Excel 4.0 macro sheets
(.xlm files in Excel 4.0).
Uses the same basic
XML format as the Excel Workbook, but can store VBA macro code. Users saving
an Excel workbook that has VBA code or Excel 4.0 macro sheets (.xlm files in
Excel 4.0) are prompted to use this file format.
The default file
format for an Excel template. Cannot store VBA macro code or Excel 4.0 macro
sheets (.xlm files in Excel 4.0).
Can contain a
VBAProject part or Excel 4.0 macro sheets (.xlm files in Excel 4.0).
Workbooks created from this template inherit the VBAProject part or Excel 4.0
macro sheets that exist in the template.
program that runs additional code. Excel add-ins use the Open XML file format
to store data, and they support using VBA projects and Excel 4.0 macro
Use the IF and Date functions together. On sheet 3, put the birthday (3/15/1954) in cell B1, put the beginning date (1/1/1946) in cell C1 and the ending date (12/31/1964) in cell D1.
Then on Sheet 1, but the following formula in the cell you want an X to be placed in.
Make sure you type the formula Exactly as it appears.
The cell I created this formula in was Sheet 3 Cell C9 - to show the different sheets A2 is the cell I want to look up Sheet1.A3:D27 is the range of cells that contains the data I want to return, The first column relates directly to cell C9 is Sheet 3. I locked the first cell in my range as I wanted to apply the same formula across other cells hence the $ 2 is the number of the column that has the data I want to return, I had a choice in this formula of 4 columns 0 is the value to complete the formula
1. Open up both workbooks.
2. Copy one worksheet from one workbook to another using.
Right click on the tab of one book and Select "Move or Copy"
3. A dialog box will appear..Next to the "To book" select the workbook you want to move it to.
4. Be sure to select the 'create a copy' box in the bottom left of the dialog box.
5. Sort each worksheet by students name. Data..Sort.
6. Copy the scores from one sheet to another.
7. You then you can manipulate the scores and compare anyway you like by using formulas in different columns.