Question about Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
If you have print quality problems, clean the corona wire as follows:
Do NOT use flammable substances or any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
1.Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
2.Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
-We recommend that you put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a piece of disposable paper or cloth in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
-To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes.
3.Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab from right to left and left to right several times.
4.Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the printer. Close the front cover.
1. You can also check the physical condition of the fuser device ( this is the hot device at the back of the printer) if there is a tiny jammed paper on it.
2. Try using a blower to help clean the intenals of the printer. Of course, remove the toner cartridge before doing this.
Hope this helps...
Posted on Apr 13, 2009
Your Problem may be due to any one of the following. If the line is from top to bottom then check the following one by one .
1. Make sure that a torn piece of paper is not inside the printer covering the scanner
2. Wipe the scanner window with a soft cloth. Page No.74
3. The toner cartridge may be damaged. Put in a new toner cartridge. page No. 63
4. The drum unit may be damaged. Put in a new drum unit.Page no. 68
Please down load the user manual from this link, which will give you full details how to do this.
I hope this will solve your issue.
If my solution proves useful please accept it.
Posted on Apr 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2011 | Brother MFC-8480DN All-In-One Laser...
Sep 06, 2011 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Mar 01, 2011 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Jan 16, 2011 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Sep 12, 2010 | Brother HL 5140 Laser Printer
Feb 02, 2010 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Jan 07, 2010 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Dec 18, 2009 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Jan 27, 2009 | Brother MFC 4800 All-In-One Laser Printer
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!