Question about Wells F-55(21154) Deep Fryer

1 Answer

HELP PLEase I bought my wells fryer used and when i got it the ends were cut off, i went to lowes to purchase a new plug in, and it has only 2 hot wire connections and a ground wire, my fryer has 3 black and one green wire can someone help me with how to connect my plug ins? thanks

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 125 Answers

Hello. Here is the link to your units manual, page 3, 7, and 13 tell most of the specs, page 13 has a part number, and specifications for the proper cord.

Lowes probably does not have that high an amperage plug first of all, find an electrical supply house, or have an electrician get it and install it for you. You may actually have a 3 phase unit, but it does not specify that unit as being set for 3 phase, older units from a certain restaurant were though. If you want to find the terminal block, remove the pot, and then remove the inside rear cover, once removed you should find the terminal block inside, your wiring for the cord should go here ( a wiring diagram ).

Hope this helped, and thank you.
If you need more help, ask me.

Posted on Apr 13, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need a Model Pl 1215 plug please. I been looking all over and I cannot find one.

Not sure how much help my thoughts will be, I don't know what one of those plugs looks like. However I will say many plugs are somewhat universal. Looking at some Presto deep fryers on line it looked like some used a standard two round prong plug at the appliance end. If that's the case those are universal, found on many things such as cordless shavers and electronics.
I checked and they don't have any deep fryers by that model number. If it's a Presto then those cords are very common, just look in your parent's and friend's kitchen drawers and junk drawers. If you don't find one that will work check the flea markets and yard sales. If that doesn't work put a wanted ad on craigslist or something.
I am pretty sure you should be able to find one easily, the cords last longer than the appliances do.

Jan 03, 2015 | Kitchen Appliances - Others

1 Answer

I must replace the power cord on my Deep fryer Model FR4017. It gets so hot you can hardly remove it from the wall outlet. I can't find any where to purchase one.

it would seem it drawing to much power from the socket have the wireing to your socket checked out,if the power cord is not damaged,cut the dord back 3 inches from plug and fit new plug

Jul 28, 2011 | Tefal FR4016002 Deep Fryer

1 Answer

I just purchased my fryer at garage sale today, it's missing the cord. What type do I need to get and where can I find it. Thank you,

Hi and welcome to FixYa, I am Kelly.

These cords (unless the magnetic type are available at most hardware stores ("Woods" / Woods Industries or Coleman Cable are the product brand names.) These cords are usually in the area of extension cords.

Having said that... The distance between the pins is the difference. There are 1/2" cords 11/16" plug cords and 1 1/16" cords. I need to know the distance between the pins center to center of your fryer connector terminals.

Most Fryers use a 3 Ft cord and roasters use a 6 ft Cord. You cna use a 6 ft cord but do NOT use it for an extended period. The cord you purchase must be wire gage 16/2 NOT 18/2 in wire size.
The 18/2 gage will only handle 1250 watts.

The part number of the cord will be either 0290 or 09326 (You can net "IMAGE search" these for sources)

Here is one source for the cord.

If you have the magnetic base / end plug let me know and I will find you the correct plug.
Just repsond here and say you need the magnetic recepticle cord.

Thanks for choosing FixYa,

Mar 27, 2011 | Masterbuilt K5713 Deep Fryer

1 Answer

We purchased new fryers that are Imperial IFS40 and the salesman was going to check them out and demonstrate the fryers by putting water in them and turning them all the way up. It got so that the water...

Fryers use 2 types of stainless steel. Get a magnet and see if it sticks to the inside of the tank. If so...that is a lower grade of stainless. Use some steel wool to clean the rust spots and cover with vegetable oil. The tanks should be ok if you just bought them.

Jun 22, 2010 | Imperial IFS40 Deep Fryer

1 Answer

Fryer cord gets really hot

This would be caused by an over current problem or in other words you have a device trying to use more power than its designed for. I can think of 2 things that might cause this one would be an element bleeding to ground the other may be an insulation breakdown in a wire or fitting. If you feel comfortable taking it apart you could look the wire and connections over very well and look for discolored areas which would indicate a hot spot or if you have a ohm meter you could also read resistance to ground through each lead, and through the element or elements.

Thanks hope this helps you.

Jun 07, 2008 | Rival CZF630 Deep Fryer

1 Answer

Replacement power cord

Fryers draw high amps.Goto home depot,lowes and buy a 15amp 125 volt plug.Cut the exsisting plug off the cord,strip the cord down 2 inches you will see 3 wires black,white,green, connect the green wire to the green screw on the plug.connect the other 2 wires on either of the remaining spades(it doesnt matter).let me know

Nov 22, 2007 | Bravetti EP4305FS Deep Fryer

3 Answers

GE 106789 Cool Touch Deep Fryer

called Rival,they have loads of MDP-1 power cords sets,just purchased mine today.(1800-323-9519).BTW,,When asking ,its listed as MPD-1 instead of MDP-1,(typo error).Its the same cord.

Jun 17, 2007 | GE 106789 Deep Fryer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Wells F-55(21154) Deep Fryer Logo

128 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Wells Kitchen Appliances - Others Experts

Angel Joseph Jr.
Angel Joseph Jr.

Level 2 Expert

683 Answers

Joseph Hoffmann

Level 3 Expert

1702 Answers

Dennis Boxerman

Level 3 Expert

1150 Answers

Are you a Wells Kitchen Appliances - Other Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides