Question about Casio QV-770 Digital Camera
I have a Casio QV 770 digital camera and i want to know, if i can use as a webcam
Step 1 Check the manual of your digital camera to see if it can be used as a webcam. Many digital cameras have this functionality and even come with webcam software. If your camera didn't come with webcam software, use a third party web cam application such as SarmSoft WebCam. Find SarmSoft WebCam at ShareUp.com.
Step 2 Plug your digital camera's power adapter into the camera. Some won't function as a webcam unless they are plugged into A/C power. Even if your digital camera functions as a webcam while on batteries, A/C power saves your batteries and prevents your camera from shutting off in the middle of a broadcast.
Step 3 Connect a video cable into your digital camera's video "out" port. Your camera likely came with a cable made for connecting it to a to a video source. Plug the other end of the video cable into your video card's video "in" port.
Step 4 Set up your camera as close to your monitor as possible. This allows better face to face communication.
Step 5 Position yourself about 2 to 3 feet away from your digital camera. Most digital camera's focus best at this distance when used as a webcam.
Step 6 Use a separate microphone if your digital camera doesn't transmit sound when used as a webcam. Plug the microphone into the microphone jack of your sound card
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go to the following website:
unfortunately it does not translate very well from its native Russian, but a potted version of what you need to do is as follows:
1. Download the Casio QV-R40 firmware to a safe place on your PC, unzip it, and put a copy of the unzipped binary file onto a blank or spare SD card.
2. Insert the SD card in the camera, and then hold the Menu button pressed in while pressing the On/Off button.
3. A menu will appear on the screen saying Program Update, Yes/No
4. Select Yes and press the SET button.
5. After a short while you should get a message to say the update is complete. Switch off the camera and remove the SD card, and put in another SD card.
6. Switch on the camera, and hopefully it will restart as new. You will need to enter time-zone, date, time etc.
It has worked for me!
Posted on Dec 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2011 | Casio Cameras
Jan 04, 2011 | Casio QV-770 Digital Camera
Nov 19, 2009 | Cameras
512 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!