U150--cartridge is not reognized
If the following error occurs "The following ink tank cannot be recognized" error code U043, U140, U150
Action 1 : The ink tank is not installed in the ink tank. Install the ink tank. Refer to "Replacing an ink Tank" below.
Action 2 : The ink tank is not compatible with the machine. (The lamp on the ink tank is off.) Install an appropriate ink tank.
Refer to "Replacing an ink tank" below.
Replacing Ink Tanks.
Action 3 : An ink tank error has occurred (The lamp on the ink tank is off).
Replace the ink tank.
Refer to "Replacing an ink tank" below.
Replacing an ink tank :
Replace the ink tank using the following steps :
1) Open the Paper Output Tray.
Put your finger in the rounded indent of the Paper Output tray and open it gently.
2) Make sure that the machine is turned on, and lift the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) until it stops.
The Print Head Holder moves to the center.
Caution : * Do not hold the LCD or the Operation Panel.
* Do not hold the Print Head Holder to stop or move it.
Important : If the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) is left open for more than 10 minutes, the Printer Head Holder moves to the right side. Close and reopen the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) to return the holder to the center.
3) OPen the Inner Cover.
Caution : Do not touch the metallic parts inside the machine.
4) Remove the ink tank whose lamp is flashing fast.
Push the tab and remove the ink tank.
Important : * Handle ink tanks carefully to avoid staining clothing or surrounding area.
* Discard empty ink tanks according to the local laws and regualtions regarding disposal of consumables.
Note : * Do not remove more than one ink tank at a time. Be sure to replace ink tanks one by one when replacing more than one ink tank.
5) Prepare the replacement tank.
a) Remove the new ink tank from its packaging.
b) Pull the orange tape to peel off the protective film.
c) Remove the film completely.
Important : Make sure that the protective film does not remain in the air hole. If the air hole is blocked with the remaining film, ink may leak out or may not eject properly.
d) Remove the orange protective cap from the bottom of the ink tank.
Discard the cap once it is removed.
Important : * Do not touch the electrical contacts on the ink tank. Doing so can cause the machine to malfunction or become unable to print.
* Be sure to remove the clear film from the ink tank in the exact order, as failure to follow this step may cause the ink to leak and stain your clothes and hands.
* Do not squeeze the side of the ink tanks as this may cause the ink to leak out and stain your clothes and hands.
* Do not reattach the protective cap once you have removed it, Discard it according to the local laws and regulations regarding the disposal of consumables.
* Do not touch the open ink port once the protective cap is removed, as this may prevent the ink from being ejected properly.
6) Install the ink tank.
a) Insert the front end of the ink tank into the Print Head. Make sure the position of the tank matched the label.
b) Press on the "press" mark on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.
c) Make sure that the ink lamp lights up red.
Important : Install all the ink tanks to print. The machine cannot be used unless all the ink tanks are installed.
7) Close the Inner Cover.
Note : Make sure that the Inner Cover is closed. Printing will not start with the Inner Cover open since paper cannot be fed properly.
8) Gently close the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover).
Caution : * Be sure to hold the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) firmly using both hands, and be careful not to get your fingers caught.
* Do not hold the LCD or the OPeration Panel.
Note : * When you start printing after replacing the ink tank. Print Head Cleaning is performed automatically. Do not start another operation until the machine has stopped making operating noises.
Hope this helps.
Please rate my response.
Have a good day.
Dec 04, 2009 |
Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer