Question about Panasonic NN-H275 Microwave Oven
I was using the microwave this morning (2 years old only) and use the timer on it when I'm cooking things in the oven. I was busy and must have accidentally set it on 45 mins on High, when I meant it to be the timer. It was on and I didn't notice it with nothing inside it and I noticed a funny smell (probably a burnt out fuse) and it overheated and stopped working.
Is it worth repairing it and is it simply a matter of replacing the fuse?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is an inverter-driven model, and this is one way the inverter fails. Often it will tick, too, but the cooling fan may be too loud to hear ticking. If you haven't had smoke, then it may not yet catastrophic. I would bet that a thorough resoldering would take care of it. A good technician can troubleshoot and repair this, as needed, but often they will just replace the inverter. Sometimes that's actually cheaper. Troubleshooting an inverter is way too much for someone without good solid technical experience. I would call a shop and ask for an estimate to replace the inverter. Good luck.
Posted on Oct 14, 2006
SOURCE: Panasonic Genius Sensor 1300W
See if this describes
Otherwise, if the digital programmer circuit / controller does not get a feedback signal from the inverter for a period of 3 seconds, the controller will stop the cook cycle.
That may be a loose connection in the wiring between the inverter, magnetron, and/or control board, or maybe one of those components has failed.
Due to the lethal voltages used and produced in inverters, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.
You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.
In Canada, you can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 30, 2009
Be very careful! Standard microwaves have 2100volt capacitors and commercial ones 4000 volt capacitors.
*Decharge your capacitor(s) before doing diagnostics*.
You are now testing the high voltage side (as it works on convection). The main components are a transformer, a capacitor, a diode and a magnetron (havent seen a triac in a panasonic residential). If you have a proper meter that can test uf, decharge the capacitor, then test the capacitor, if it reads 0, you need a new capacitor (10$ used typically, 14$ new from ebay). To test the magnetron, decharge the capacitor first, remove the spade connections, test each leg to the frame of the microwave... if it shows measurable resistance, the magnetron is bad. The transformer is not something you test as I personally dont have a 4000 volt meter. If the diode, the magnetron and capacitor are okay, then the transformer is bad. To eliminate any other function, disconnect the low voltage to the transformer run a micropower cycle and check the fuse.
Hope that helps. My first instinct is the capacitor.
Posted on Dec 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Jul 01, 2009 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven
Apr 12, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Jan 21, 2009 | Panasonic NN-P294SF Microwave Oven
Nov 10, 2008 | Danby DMW1153 Microwave Oven
Sep 22, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jul 14, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S753 Microwave Oven
Dec 18, 2007 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven
Dec 26, 2006 | Panasonic NN-S950WA Microwave Oven
Dec 21, 2006 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven
Apr 08, 2014 | Panasonic NN-H275 Microwave Oven
735 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: