Question about Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My son has managed to mess up our printer, I can't access the thing since it's now all in Japanese, any ideas how to reset the language??? many thanks G
This was a lot less complicated than I thought it was going to be. Maybe some people had a more serious problem than me.. ?
What I stumbled upon in the user's manual after trying to follow some internet solutions to no avail was on pg. 134 & actually a pretty easy fix. For reference, I have the Canon Pixma MP830.
Basically if you hit the menu button on your printer's control button, you'll see two known logos at the top.. You wanna hit the one with the tools.
After that, you'll get another menu. Choose the 2nd button again. Hit OK again.
After this, you'll scroll down from that drop-down menu to the 4th option (this is your language selection "button"). Hit OK.
From there you should be able to choose the language of your choice. - For me this part was in english for whatever reason.
Posted on Dec 23, 2012
It's very late for this solution but as I found this while trying to fix the problem for myself I figure its worth sharing the solution which I've now written up.
Hope it helps someone as this was not fun.
Posted on Aug 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
May 05, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP960 All-In-One InkJet...
1. Start with printer off
2. Press and hold resume Button (triangle in the circle) and click "Power" button. green led should be on
(does this refer to the stop/reset button) and when i click the power button do i hold it down or just turn on my printer
3. hold the Power button, release Resume Button. (now if i released the power button like in step two then do step three the power button will turn off my printer)
4. Without releasing the Power Button, double click "Resume" button and then release Both Buttons. (now here my printer is now off so i am to hit my stop/reset button and release both buttons do they have to be at the same time when released)
5. Click "Resume" for four times then click "Power" button, to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber).
6. Turn off the printer and turn on again
Mar 18, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 15, 2010 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One Printer, Scanner...
Jul 22, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
Dec 17, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Sep 20, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3600dn Printer
Sep 01, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!