- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Push the paper far inside / use the priority tray.
2. Check for deterioration of the rubber on the main pickup roller (Replace if needed).
3. Ensure that the main paper pickup roller (view inside the printer from the priority input slot - use a torchlight) is rotating when print command is given / 'check' button is pressed after the error message.
4. The printer will make three attempts, one after the other, to pickup the paper (you should be able to hear the sound of main motor and gear train rotating - if no sound is heard the main motor / gear train is bad).
5. If the paper pickup roller does not rotate - a component in the gear train needs attention / replacement.
6. The gear train is behind the formatter inside the right side cover.
7. Service manual can be downloaded free on the net.
Hello Cassandra, It sounds like you are having phantom paper jams. When the printer starts a print job and tries to pull a piece of paper but can't grab it the printer thinks there is a jam but there really is not. If the paper pickup rollers are worn down they are not able to grab the paper correctly to feed it into the printer which causes this type of error. The rollers are considered user installable and come in a kit with the rollers and the paper separation pad which keeps more than one paper from being pickup up at the same time. Installing the paper feed kit should clear up your paper feed problems. The paper feed kit is available here: http://www.ccl-la.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=342 I hope this helps. BuddyMc
When the printer can not pic up paper this indicates the pick up roller and separation pad need to be replaced. These two parts come in the preventative maintenance kit under part number RK-1320 this kit is available here:
Hello, you need to determine if it tries at all. when you send a print job do you hear a sound, like it tries to pick up the paper, if yes, then remove the paper tray entirely for the printer. Look into the hole and towards the front you should see a black rubber roller. Take a lightly dampened cloth and wipe down as much of that roller as possible, paper dust can accumulate interfering with the operation (pick up roller). Take care to check the guides in the paper tray are aligned correctly for the paper size in use. Put the paper tray back into the printer, try to make a test print. i hope this assists with your problem, If after cleaning the roller the problem still exists the pick up roller may need to be changed.
Make sure the paper feed is full of fresh paper. Print something, and watch where the paper feeds into the machine. If the feed roller actuates and tries to pickup the paper but doesn't, you may need to clean the pickup roller with distilled water and a qtip. If it still doesn't pickup the paper, repair it under warranty with canon or replace it if not under warranty.
1). take all the paper out of the paper tray.
2). look at the printer pickup roller while you enable the printer to print a test page.
3). if the roller is not turning, and hear click sound, then you need to take the printer to be service. The gear that runs the pickup roller is broken.
4). if the pickup roller truns, but you still hear the click sound, then most likely the secondary roller gear is broken. You still need to bring it to be repair.
call the repair shop and find out how much it cost and how long, It is cheaper to get a new printer than to have it fixed.