Question about Toshiba 32A33 32" TV
Tv is just over 2 yrs old.When turned on it goes straight to the "MENU" screen.On a good day when tv is turned on it may show picture for a while then goes to the "MENU" screen. Also switches to VCR mode or TV 1 AND TV 2 is shown on the screen.Sometimes channels will not change by remote or tv.Im not sure if this would be a reset issue or not . The manual does not tell how to reset.
My dad and I fixed the TV/Video problem over the weekend using one of the solutions suggested. Make sure you stay away from the red wire running from the back of the tube to the circuit board.
1. Take the cover off the back of the TV.
2. On the bottom of the TV is a circuit board that is mounted on top of a plastic tray. Remove the cables running from the speakers by squeezing the tab on the white plug and pulling them up and off the board.
3. Looking at the back of the TV, pull the board+tray out (barely secured in there) and flip it 180 degrees so you're looking at the front of the board.
4. Desolder and remove the TV/Video push button. It's labeled on the PCB, and should be the second button in from the left.
5. Place the tray back in the TV and make sure the other buttons still remaining on the baord are aligned with the buttons on the front of the TV.
6. Put the cover back and you're done.
TV works as good as new again. Of course I can't use the TV/Video button on the TV itself, but the remote handles that fine. 20 minutes max, and no repairman needed.
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
Just broke off the video tv tab and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help guys.
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
Your solutions are all ****. There is a manufactur problem with these units. I am guessing dirt or dust. Button controls on front of TV are shorting on or off electronically. That screen you describe as the Toshiba screen is a most annoying demo mode. When the controls start to go on this TV... around 4 years old they can be fixed for about 100 bucks. Or you can take contact cleaner and spray out the tv....
Posted on Aug 21, 2008
Check to see if set in demo
Posted on May 22, 2008
I had the same problem with my TV .........we don't understand it but my repair man un hooked the video button on the front of the TV and it workss great now ....You can still use the remote control to change video choise.
Posted on Nov 12, 2007
Sometimes due to mishandling of remote control rarely these symptoms occurs. Remove the battery from remote control and try to use tv front panel. Again facing same issue there is malfunction in front panel switch, micom overmodulation, and memory ic also. This can be sorted by the technical person only.
Posted on Sep 06, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2008 | Toshiba 32A33 32" TV
Sep 21, 2013 | Vizio Televison & Video
Aug 05, 2010 | Samsung LN46A650 46 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 30, 2010 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Oct 07, 2009 | Toshiba TheaterWide 50HP16 50 in. Plasma...
Sep 07, 2008 | Samsung LN-S4051D 40 in. LCD Television
Aug 07, 2008 | Sharp Televison & Video
1,001 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!