Hello. My camera's full and I wanted to copy the pics onto the comp, but the anti-virus software deleted the folder that usually appears on the computer, and there's nothing to see. What do I do? Please help. I dont even know what that folder is called, and dont know whether I can download it from somewhere. Thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: cant see folder on computer
There are few method to copy the pic from camera to pc.
1) disable yr anti virus b4 connect the camera to pc.
2) re-install the camera driver on pc again
3) use card reader to transfer the pic to pc.
Hope it help
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes you can, and I do it all the time. I copy the pictures to "My Pictures" folder. If you OPEN the DCIM folder by clicking on it, then SELECT ALL, then choose copy. Now close your camera folder. and OPEN "My Pictures" and then choose PASTE, all your pics should be inserted into "MY PICTURES". The reason your pics are deleted even after you've renamed them is because your OS is only copying them as shortcuts. If you don't want to copy or paste, next time you try to save one of your pics, hold down the shift key while dragging your pic to your folder and it won't move it as a shortcut. Hope this helps.
1. Transfer files to your computer that you don't want deleted. 2. On your camera, select "Menu." Go to "Set Up," and choose "Format." 3. Choose "Memory Card" and authorize the Reformat. This will clear everything off of your memory card. 4. Connect your camera to your computer with a USB cord, taking note of what drive it creates. It should be the E: drive, but each computer is different. 5. Download a free anti-virus program such as Avast! or AVG, or open you computer's default anti-virus software. 6. Choose a drive scan. Select the drive that your camera is in, and then initiate the scan. The anti-virus software will identify if there are any viruses left on the camera. 7. If there are no viruses found, you were able to delete them while reformatting the memory card, and you are done. If the anti-virus software finds a virus, move it to quarantine and delete it. 8.Run the anti-virus software a final time to double check that the camera is free of viruses.
The best thing to transfer pics from camera to computer is not to transfer directly. Take out the memory card and load the pic through card reader. This is even faster and safer for your camera getting the virus. perhaps your camera is now virus infection but I just hope it's not. try it, that's what am doing.
well i m also Nokia 3110c user n i was also having dis problem.. Truly there is NO ANTI-VIRUS for nokia3110 since its a phone on java platform . Anti-virus are made on .sis format and 3110 supports applications based on .jar . all u need to do is to go to Customer care and Format (Upgrade) ur Phone's software.. Reason of restart is not perhaps virus its due toSoftware Bugs that occur when u connect ur phone wid ur computer via data cable(its my personal experience).. Better Use CARD READER TO TRANSFER UR DATA(MP3,photo etc). DO: 1:Go to consumer care and format ur Phone(no other option..) 2:Use DATA CARD READER only to transfer ur Data. 3:After data transfer scan ur memory card by antivirus(which u hv..) It will never cause restart trouble... DON'T: 1:do not connect ur phone n comp. via data cable directly. 2:do not use ur phone as pendrive. 3:do not use incompatible application to comp.
get a memory card reader and try to download pics from card to comp-then open and click any folders you see related to memory card-card will show up as a new drive letter in my computer-pics may be in different folder and still be there-if you can't find pics at all go to sandisk.com and get recovery software to see if you can still retrive them
I had the same problem, what I did is I executed AVG anti virus software and selected the camcorder drive, I was able to see all the folder names. My camcorder shows as E drive but when I open by double clicking it shows only hidden folder, so I entered in the address as follows E:\MP_ROOT\101PNV01 for videos and E:\DCIM\101MSDCF for photos and I was able copy all my data. Your folders may be different I don't know if there is any other way of knowing your folder names but if you want to download the anti virus software which I used go to link http://free.grisoft.com/doc/downloads-products/us/frt/0?prd=aff.