Question about Toshiba Gigabeat MEGF40S MP3 Player
Firstly, sorry for posting slightly off topic as I have a different model, but I can't find any other support anywhere so this is a last-ditch attempt. I bought my Toshiba MES60V in February and as of about two weeks ago it won't hold a charge. If it's plugged into the AC adapter, I can turn it on, but the second I bump the cord it reboots and resets itself. When plugged in, the AC adapter plug (into the unit) seems to jiggle quite a bit, so the pin may be broken or loose. I tried to find warranty information on the Toshiba website and got nowhere as it says that my model/serial number are invalid. I called the Toshiba service center and upon choosing "Gigabeat" from their options of "PC or Gigabeat" was told that the Gigabeat center couldn't help me and that I needed to call the first number back and they had no clue what to do from there. Does anyone have any idea of a contact number or an email I can use to get in touch with them to find out how to send my player back? It is still within the 1 year warranty. Thanks in advance.
Booking in your Toshiba gigabeat for service in Australia
1. EMAIL email@example.com or CALL the Toshiba gigabeat Service Centre on 02- 87186514 , you will need to provide: Model and Serial # of your gigabeat, your full name, direct contact phone number, return address details and problem description.
You will be issued with a Service Repair number reference and provided with information to mail-in the Toshiba gigabeat for repair service.
2. MAIL-IN your Toshiba gigabeat to the following address:
Toshiba gigabeat Repairs
Teleplan Service Solutions Asia BV
Regents Park Estate
Block D2, 391 Park Rd
Regents Park, NSW 2143
Do not send to this address until you have been issued with a
service reference number.
- You are responsible for all inbound transportation and insurance charges for the Toshiba gigabeat to the nominated gigabeat Service Centre in Australia.
- Toshiba recommends that you use registered mail and the BC or BM PostPak boxes available from Australia Post shops, ensuring adequate padding is used to protect the Toshiba gigabeat unit during transport. Affording transport insurance for the Toshiba gigabeat is also recommended. On completion of repair Toshiba will return the Toshiba gigabeat to you, at our cost, using our choice of standard mail or road freight.
- Please ensure that you back up your data prior sending in your Toshiba gigabeat for service.
- Warranty status will be verified upon receipt and inspection of your Toshiba gigabeat unit, if the gigabeat service centre determines that the reported fault is non-warranty a minimum service fee (at the gigabeat service centre¿s prevailing rates) will apply if you decide not to proceed with the quoted repair.
Posted on Dec 18, 2007
Toshiba Gigabeat support is 1-877-250-8595
Posted on Oct 23, 2007
I have the same problem with my MES60V mp3 player it froze and they said send it back to toshiba company and they want 195dollars for it to send.
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2010 | Toshiba gigabeat MES60VK Digital Media...
Aug 08, 2010 | Toshiba gigabeat MES60VK Digital Media...
Jan 06, 2009 | Toshiba gigabeat MES60VK Digital Media...
Aug 04, 2008 | Toshiba gigabeat MES60VK Digital Media...
Jun 17, 2008 | Toshiba gigabeat MES60VK Digital Media...
Dec 05, 2007 | Toshiba gigabeat MES60VK Digital Media...
Nov 14, 2007 | Toshiba gigabeat MES60VK Digital Media...
Jan 20, 2007 | Toshiba gigabeat X20 (20 GB) MP3 Player
Feb 28, 2014 | Toshiba Gigabeat MEGF40S MP3 Player
738 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!