I was driving to town the other day on a dirt road and my bass suddenly went out. I stopped and checked my amp to find out that there was no power going into it. I got home later and redid the wiring to the amp and even tested the wires to make sure they had power, but still no power to my amp. Any ideas? The amp isn't even 7 months old yet but I made the mistake of throwing away the box and receipt.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
check your fuses. Also check the power wire connection to the amp and then the ground source maybe move that if there is paint under it. check fuses on the amp. Check ohm load to the amp from the speakers.
First change the wire,and disconnect the subwoofers to check if the amplifier turn on without going in to protection mode,if the amplifier go to protection mode you gotta change the Audio amplifiers IC's because they are in short circuit.And if don't go in to protection put one speaker at a time to check if one of them are damaged.Good luck.
If the amp still goes into protect mode, the easiest thing to do is disconnect the RCA cables from the amp and see if still goes into protect mode (after turning off/on). If it does, the issue lies in the amp or the wiring to/from the amp (most likely case). Check to make sure no speaker wires came loose and touched +12V or ground (car body). From the sound of it, my guess is something internal to the amp died and will need repair.
You need to check the DC voltage across the B+ and ground terminals. You also need to check the DC voltage across the remote and ground terminals. If the voltage is less than 11 volts, you need to check the B+ supply and remote wiring for breaks or open fuses. You should also check the ground connection to confirm that it's not loose.
If the voltage is OK, the output transistors are likely shorted.
Check the main amp fuse under the hood, even if it looks good just change it. Often times that light on the amp can come on just from the power amp tunon wire. Try a friends subwoofer box just to make sure the connectors on your box are good, and if that doesn't work then give me some more details....year/make/model of car, what kind of sub, what types of things do you see on the side of the amp....is there a green light as well as a red light?
hi first disconnect all spks, then turn on the amp. if amp power lite stays on bright then proceed to connect one speaker or sub to the amp. if the amp lite dims during any spk connections then it may be that the spk is faulty or there is a DC voltage (dc offset) emitting thru that particular channel. also check all spk impedance before reconnecting them to the amp. cheers.
Has the amp been overheating lately? It's quite possible that the amp could have just blown. Smell around the outside of the amp for an electrical burnt smell. If available, see if a friend also has an amp hookup and try removing your amp and copnnecting to the friend's cables. That will tell you if it's a wiring problem or an amp problem.