I spoke to soon. I found out what the CL and A are by looking at the manual. The CL indicates that the clock isn't set, so I set it. That most likely isn't your problem.
The A indicates that it is in announce only mode. That may be what is causing your issue. Press menu until it says announce only mode (or something like that), then press change to change announce only to OFF. That should fix your issue. At least that is something worth trying. Good luck!
I have ATT VOIP service. You are probably recording your messages on your ATT voicemail. Change the # of rings for the voice mail to pick to more than the answering machine picks up. You have to get into your account and look for the section that allows you to do that.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, here are the instructions for setting the time on a 43-3825, which is a very similar model. They should work for your machine too.
1. Press and hold TIME SET/CHECK/>> until you hear it beep twice.
2. Press ANNC/DAY/<< and the machine will say a day. Keep pressing that button until you hear the correct day.
3. Press REC and the machine will say the hour. Keep pressing it until you hear the right hour.
4. Press >= (the play/pause button) until you hear the right minute.
5. Once you've gotten the correct day and time, press TIME SET/CHECK/>> to save it.
While you're doing this, you can't let the machine sit idle for more than 5 seconds at a time, otherwise it will exit the time setup and you'll have to start over again. Good luck!
Settings: In Settings dialog you can set the following options for Best Answering Machine:
* Greetings - allows setting up the greetings played on pick-up; * Active in profiles - defines in which profiles the application will pick-up the phone and record messages; * Storage - allows selecting on which disk the records will be saved; * Pick up after - sets the time after which the call will be answered; * Record time - maximum amount of time the message is being recorded; * Format - message file format (amr,wav); * Icon - configures the visibility of the icon displaying application activity and presence of new messages; depending on this parameter, can be shown in standby screen only (Phone application) or in any application; * Play volume - play volume for the greeting; * Records lifetime - automatically removes old messages;
Messages: In this view you can listen to new and old messages, delete unnecessary messages, send the recorded messages and call the person directly from this view.
During the call:
When Answering Machine is processing an incoming call, you will see a dialog showing the application's progress with the ability to stop it:
* Answer - when this command is chosen during a call, it stops greeting playback or message record and you can continue talking to the caller; * Hang up - stops greeting playback or message recording and terminates the call; hope this will be helpful...
To change the answer message, hold ans on/off then HOLD the skip back button, don't let go until you finish the message, to change the amount of calls untill it plays the answer machine hold skip forward button till it says how many the press the forward button till you are happy, to change date and time, hold stop, it will say the day to change press skip forward, then press stop again, it will say the hour, press skip forward, then stop the minute, then skip forward, then stop again to confirm, i belive it is in 24hour time as well, when changing the time, but not on playback.
Well, your machine might be broken, or you haven't set the little switch on the unit to ANS.The switch is on the side of the machine where the cables come out.But here are the instructions from the manual:
Recording Outgoing Messages:
Your answering machine has a built-in outgoing message, "Hello, please leave a message after the tone."You can use this message or record your own.
1. Hold the ANNC/DAY/<<, and speak clearly into the microphone, no more than 10 inches away.
2. Release the ANNC/DAY/<< when you finish.Your answering machine beeps and automatically plays back your recorded message.
*Your outgoing message must be between one and 60 seconds.
*If you record your won message but wish to revert to the pre-recorded message, press DELETE during playback of your outgoing message.
To Record Outgoing Message on
Radio Shack’s Answering Machine [Model 43-3829]:
Press and Hold the ANNC/DAY/<<
button.You’ll hear a beep; continue to
hold down the ANNC/DAY/<<
button and record your message.When
recording of your [outgoing] message is complete, release the ANNC/DAY/<< button.Your message will automatically play back for
Please let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks!
Hi Diana - To record your outgoing message, hold down your ogm button ( outgoing message) for two seconds and it will ask you to record a message. To play back your message, just push the same button and it will play your message. If you don't like it just do it again. If this solves your problem PLEASE rate this as fixed. If you need more help just add a comment and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thanks and have a good day.
GE Digital Messaging System ~ Voice/Time/Day stamp
1a] press and hold down STOP/set button and wait for promps.....
ie. press NEXT to change Day stamp and then SET to pick.
ie. press NEXT to change Hour and SET to pick.
ie. press NEXT to change Minute and SET to pick.
1b] press NEXT to pick 1minute allowance recording for recieving messages coming in, or 2 minutes or 3 minutes or 4 minutes. This machine only has 1/2 hour of recording time, so maybe you can 'tell' -record- that and let incoming callers know they have only minutes and machine will automatically shut off and cut them off [hang-up] on them.
2] press and hold down Greeting button and follow promps to change the answering machine voice promps to your own voice. Machine will automatically PLAY BACK your voice, if you don't like what you hear, press and hold down Greeting button again and try again.
~ hope all above helps.
Press the >>/Time Set button for about 2 seconds. The system will announce "Monday" press the >>/Time Set again to choose the correct day. Press <</Time Check to change to hours. Select the correct hours by pressing the >>/Time Set, then press the <</Time check to change to minutes. I can't get the mail box 2 to operate either.
Found my manual! To set the time, press and hold the time/code button for 2 seconds. You will hear "TO SET CODE PRESS TIME AND CODE BUTTON." Release the time/code button. Press the 2 way/m button once. You will hear "SET DAY AND TIME, SUNDAY" Press the << or >> button until you hear the correct day. Press the time/code button once. You will hear "TWELVE" Press the << or >> button until you hear the correct hour. Press the time/code button once. You will hear "OH". Press the << or >> button until you hear the correct minutes. Press the time/code button once. You will hear "PM". Press the << or >> button if you need to change to AM. Press the time/code button once and you will hear the complete time and day setting.
To record an outgoing message, press and hold the ogm button. Release the ogm button and start to record after you hear "PLEASE RECORD AFTER THE TONE" followed by a beep tone. When finished, press the ogm button.
Make sure you put a battery in the answering machine so you don't lose these settings if the power goes out!