My Dell Axim x30 report me a backup battery problem alert. The main battery are charged but not the backup.
What can i do? Where can i buy this backup battery? What kind or model battery i need?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
DISCLAIMER : I take no responsibility for any damage you may cause to
your Axim. The parts and proecedures described in this guide refelct my
own experience with my own Backup Battery (BuB) in my girlfriend's Axim
X3. Your mileage, parts, anbd experience may vary.
Tools needed for successful BuB replacement:
1. fine tip jeweler's screwdrivers (helpful if you slightly magnetize the tip)
2. Varta V20HR rechargeable NiMH battery
3. electrically conductive silver epoxy
4. strong needlenose pliers
5. electrical tape or heatshrink (razor blade or scissors to cut to shape)
But here it is step-by-step:
1. Pop little rubber caps from 4 corners of back covers. Disassemble
Axim X3 with small jeweler's phillips head screqwdriver. Be sure to
plave all parts in a plastic bag or other container (4 scres rear
cover, 2 screws near port). Disconnect the ribbon connector towards the
bottom of the PCB and the speaker wire (also on the lower portion of
the PCB). Backup battery should be the green covered circular item
under the pcb).
2. Locate backup battery, Cut away BuB cover, & CAREFULLY use
strong needlenose pliers to grip and "roll" the leads off of BuB.Be
very careful with the leads.
3. Mix dime sized batch of silver conductive epoxy (do NOT hot solder
this battery, heat will lead to BuB damage and destroy lead connection
4. Apply epoxy to both sides (not too much)and afix respective leads to
respective side (red lead goes to +, black lead goes to -). Secure
connections with some type of clamp (I used a binder style paper clip,
but a wooden close pin or something else that will hold the leads to
the BuB while the epoxy cures (Mine took 24 hours to cure).
5. Recover new BuB with protective covering (I use electrical tape cut
to the shape of the BuB. Covering WILL have to be form fitting to fit
back into Axim BuB "slot".
--This is a suggestion. I can not be certain given I have not worked on this device. --
Sounds like the backup battery is dead and needs to be replaced.
Researched The battery, and it is a standard flat-cell available at Radio Shack.
Taking the device apart will void the warranty.
The device is assembled in a standard click-tab and possibly some small hidden screws.
A plastic screw-driver or non-marring wedge tool is best.
Simple work your way around its edges until a gap forms and gently feel towards a portion that will not separate. Get a tool in there and gently pry away from the device to disengage the clips, rinse and repeat.
Upon removing all the tabs, remove the back panel slowly to assure that there are no wires connected to the panel itself, you should see the battery.
My Axim X30 would not turn on using battery power but would turn on when connected through charger adapter.
1. Connect AC adapter directly to the charger adapter and then to the Axim X30 and to the electrical outlet.
2. Charge battery until power button is solid green.
3. Press the power button to power on.
4. Remove cable from cable connector leaving the cable connector connected to the Axim X30. The Axim X30 will remain powered on.
5. Turn the Axim X30 off.
6. Turned the Axim X30 on using battery power.
7. Remove cable connector from Axim X30.
The backup utility included on your Dell Handheld will backup your data to a storage card. You can restore on your replacement handheld from that storage card.
From your Host PC, you can go to Tools | Backup/Restore and do a backup to the Host PC, and you can then restore after syncing the replacement handheld for the first time.