Hi Can anyone help me?
I have an Espon Stylus Photo R220 Ink Jet Printer, Is there anyway that when you are running out of one ink cartridge that you can print in a different color.
At the moment I get a warning that I'm out of the Yellow Ink, which is ok, however, the file I want to print is in Black, however, The printer won't print saying that I need to to replace the Yellow Ink Cartridge.
It is so fustrating that just because one ink Cartrige is out that I can't print at all, is there any way around this, as I don't have any spare cartridges and it will take time to order a new one.
I hope someone can help,
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Only One Ink Cartridge out of Ink But can't print
The machine needs all six cartridges.
No way around it.
This you could try
go online download the Epson utility from www.ssclg.com
Installit. learn to use it- click on the icon to set up the printer then right click the task bar icon and look at all the options
With all six cart in place use rest set all colours
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
The ink indicator permanently on indicates an ink cartridge problem, (not that the protection counter needs resetting). The status monitor picture of the ink cartridges should show which cartridge is at fault, it will have a red X on it. The cartridge is empty, faulty, or in the wrong position. Alternatively, you may have an internal fault e.g. with the system board. But change the indicated faulty cartridge first.
No it,s not a glitch, the printer is informing you that these are also out of ink.
Go To START/PRINTERS/Right Click On EpsonR220/Printer Preferences. Tick The Box Draft Or Text.
Should Now Print In Monochrome ( Black and white )
Yoou probably have it set to photo or other colour option.
Mike @ Compurepair.