I have had my Sony head unit for about 4 years now. The head unit does flip down, but none of the buttons work on the reciever. The remote controle can controle the head unit but the reciever itself just lights up and none of the buttons work. I dont have an eject button on my remote, so I cant eject the cd that is in the player. Any Ideas?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Remote works, but not the reciever
This one is tough one. It soundslike you have lost the connection between the flip face and the main head unit. I suggest you pull the head unit and get it to a bench for closer investigation. Look for and tears in the connecting wire harness between the Flip control, and the main Unit.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Make sure you have good batteries in the remote and they are installed properly.
2. Press the DVD button on the second row of the remote, then check if the Power and other buttons on the remote work with your system (it probably won't since the factory setting is for a Sony DVD player, not a home theater system).
3. If it doesn't work you need to find the correct code number for your system and enter it into the remote. Press and hold the SET button for more than 3 seconds until the SET indicator lights up. Keep holding the SET button down and press the DVD button, then release both buttons. Then enter the code 31622. If you have done this correctly the SET indicator flashes 3 times, if not start over.
4. See if the remote now controls the theater system correctly. If not, repeat the above procedure #3 with the following codes one at a time until you find one that works: 31558, 31658, 31758, 31822, 31858, 32522.
check to se if your reciever channel number is set to the same as your transmitter channel number. press and hold down sound butten on remote to set transmitter number .set reciever number button on reciever unit. try setting both to number 4.
There is a ribbon cable that runs all the flip panels electrics, these are prone to breakage. I have seen some of the cables on e-bay for a few quid, and also if you google "sony x-pod ribbon cable" you will get a big choice of places to order, and get instructions on fitting.
The problem with you radio is the ribbon cable,this part connects the face to the main board.you get it from pacparts.com
parts number is 168795211
you can try to replace it by you own,just becareful with the front button because they may fall dow when you open the face.
It has a defective ribbon cable between the face and the motherboard. This is a common repair, but must be done by a repair shop. My shop charges around $60-70 for parts and labor for that repair, to give you a ballpark of what to expect.
There is a reset button on the area behind the faceplate. You will have to go back in and redo many settings but just hold the tiny button down with a ballpoint pen for 15-30 seconds and it should reset allowing the faceplate buttons to operate.
i had the same proplem, inside buttons not working, took unit appart (quite easy). you just need to remember where all the little screws go back into.
i need that cable though!! thanx for the part number!!
Go through the process of setting up the remote again instead of trying the volume first use the power off button. In my experience, Sony receivers can be picky and power cycling "will" insure the code set, then try the volume.