I own a Yashica Samurai Video 8, which has a problem with the playback.
I hit play and then the video plays for 3 seconds, then it stops and the 'CAUTION' light becomes lit. I have hours of home movies on this camera and would really like to see them again, as well as put them on VHS.
any help is appreciated
If you're interested in having your video8 recordings digitized, you can check out our website at www.digisize.ca. We offer a convenient digitizing service at an excellent price.
For your tapes, if you've tried it on several cameras, it may be that your tapes have been damaged or deteriorated with old age. You can take them to a professional to have them cleaned and treated, but that is no guarantee that they will work thereafter, I'm afraid.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As per the company specifications it should provide up to 8 Hours of Continuous Playback. I'd suggest that you set the light out time at 10 seconds keep power saving mode and reduce the brightness. Also dont play at full volume.
This will help you to increase the playback time. Though not up to 8 hours. Make sure not to overcharge the battery.
Also the video playback time is 3-4 hours. As you have not specified whether you are reffering to audio or video playback time, so I am assuming its audio playback time. If its video or mixed then your player is ok..
Hi, If video head got clogged then camcorder wont read tape in playback so result comes as blue screen. Please use video head cleaning tape and clean video head of camcorder. This will solve your problem. Video-8 head cleaning tape is available with amazon.com Thanks.
Yes you can play wma files on psp but you have to change a setting first. 1.Go to settings then scroll down to system settings. 2.Hit x then scroll down to enable wma playback then hit x again. 3.Follow steps then download music to music folder on psp.
That's dirty video head! Try to playback new tape for five minutes, do it for 2 to 3 times, this will serve as your videohead cleaner. eject then reinsert then playback, eject again for at least 3 to five times. most camera has a built in videohead cleaner that activates during eject, initial play and reinsert mode. you can even try to play the whole blank tape! thats 1 to 2 hours of playback! If the problem is still there after doing those things, you need pro fix then.
* The MPEG Playback function works in M. PLAY mode only.
* You can play moving picture images on the Memory Card.
* To hear sound during MPEG4 playback, you must hook up to a PC and listen to the PC's speaker. (You cannot hear it from the speaker on the camcorder or a TV)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER mode.
3. Press the MENU button and turn the MENU DIAL to highlight MEMORY.
4. Press the ENTER button to enter sub-menu.
5. Use the MENU DIAL to select MPEG4 from the sub-menu. (M. PLAY SELECT)
6. To exit the menu, push the MENU button.
7. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the moving picture that you want to playback.
8. Press the PLAY/STILL button.
The moving pictures recorded on the MEMORY CARD begin playing back.