Question about GE Monogram ZDWC240NBS Stainless Steel Wine Cooler

2 Answers

How do I fix loose handle?

My GE ZDWC240NBS wine chiller/ beverage fridge has a vertical stainless steel handle which secures to the door frame in 2 places. The handle connection on top has worked loose over the past year to the point where it pulls away from the door about 1/4 inch every time I pull on the handle. There is a screw or bolt that holds the handle onto the door, but there doesn't appear to be any way to access the bolt to tighten the handle. There is a small hole in the stainless steel tube that wraps around the bolt, it looks like an allen wrench would fit into it and like it might tighten the handle, but I tried both standard and metric wrenches and nothing seems to fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! - Jud -

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer
Re: How do I fix loose handle?

This is an easy fix. The part that is loose is the tube portion. The 2 screws on the bottom tube are a set screw that hold the handle. These screws are a star bit and not Allen. Loosen these 2 set screws and the handle will come off leaving the tube still on the door. Then inside the tube is an Allen screw. Tighten this Allen screw and it will fix the problem. Then put the handle back on.

Posted on Apr 26, 2014

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 291 Answers
Re: How do I fix loose handle?

Havnt worked on that but... most times theres a cap or piece that will come off hiding the screw not sure what yours is cant find anything on it .. hope that may help some

Posted on Sep 02, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


6 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Plugs in but wont turn on

Koldfront 12 Bottle Stainless Steel Slim-Fit Thermoelectric ..., Inc.
Rating: 3.7 - ‎42 reviews
Koldfront 12 Bottle Stainless Steel Slim-Fit Thermoelectric Wine Cooler - Black/Stainless Steel ... Item model number, TWR121SS .... the fridge. so you hvae to take out a wine bottle to reach it an usually I would like the controls on the door and only turn in .... The door can be reversed which the description did not mention.

Koldfront 12 Bottle Stainless Steel Slim-Fit Thermoelectric ...
Koldfront 12 Bottle Stainless Steel Slim-Fit Wine Cooler Primary Image ... steel, the Koldfront 12 Bottle Slim-Fit Thermoelectric Wine Cooler (TWR121SS) is ... cabinet and stainless steel accents ensure that this freestanding unit will look ... Power: 70 W/0.95 A .... Unfortunately, your browser does not support video elements.

Koldfront 12 Bottle Stainless Steel Slim-Fit Thermoelectric ...

$109.99 - ‎In stock

Jan 20, 2016 | Koldfront 12 Bottle Stainless Steel...

1 Answer

I have a GE Monogram Wine Chiller ZDW24A RBB. Everything works fine, but today the light stopped turning off when I shut the door. I checked the sensor on the bottom and it seemed to be in order. H

On the right of the thermostat on the grill below the door is a rocker switch, turn it off as this is a light switch not a power to unit. Its just the switch was turned on during your cleaning process. Good Luck

Oct 14, 2014 | Wine Coolers

2 Answers

GE Refrigerator Model ZDWC240NABS not cooling

if it is a clicking sound maybe it is a relay. try replacing that

Oct 27, 2012 | GE Monogram ZDWC240NBS Stainless Steel...

1 Answer

Is there such thing as a single bottle wine cooler?

Of course! There is a wide variety of single cooling systems for wine bottles. We don't drink a lot of wine, but when we have guests over I like to have the wine chilled properly. I prefer the stainless steel coolers, since the look more sleek and stylish.

Jul 31, 2012 | Wine Coolers

1 Answer

My MCWC30MCG 30 Bottle Deluxe Wine Cooler/ Stainless Steel Handle doesn't work anymore...?!?

you can have a simple problem, or if the compressor is bad, the price of repair will exceed the cost of the unit, around $275.00

Dec 19, 2010 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler

1 Answer


I have the same E4 problem. You can order the PCB from Avanti at Miami Florida or your regional Avanti service rep.

Jun 04, 2009 | Avanti WCR683DZD Stainless Steel Wine...

1 Answer

2 mos old. simply stopped working. no power at all to lights, motor ,etc.

check if you get power by the motor if no power change the thermostat

May 13, 2009 | Avanti WCR683DZD Stainless Steel Wine...

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE Monogram ZDWC240NBS Stainless Steel Wine Cooler Logo

782 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Wine Coolers Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8147 Answers

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4625 Answers

Richard Roth
Richard Roth

Level 3 Expert

9472 Answers

Are you a GE Wine Cooler Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides