- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
change the rom or hard reset,to do hard reset first press the big blue button and hold it press and then press the power swich,the message master reset will apear and choose yes.By doing this you will loose everything on your phone
This is the case that your phone previous setup has changed back to default setting since the phone is sold to you. I have my MPX220 before and sync with Windows Xp Service Pack 2 and Activesync 4.2 and everytime I came back, they automatically recognize each other both PC and my phone. I think in your case, you need to start over again by uninstall the activesync and reinstall it and then reconnect your phone back to start from step one. I think that is only way to refresh the connection of your MPX220 and your PC. I don't know why you has these problems but usually when you are done your setup at the first time, your PC recognize your phone with the current setup you have made but when your phone is completetly dead, it wipes out all related info which is necessary for both parts to handshake and only uninstall the sync software and reinstall it from fresh can solve this problem. windows 2000 is not as stable as win xp about these tasks. If you can upgrade to wins xp, you will never worry about this again specially windows xp with service pack 2. I hope this help
There are few solution you can try:
1) uninstall ActiveSync 3.7 and reinstall it and start over agin for the sync process.
2) Try to install the newer version of Activesync 4.2, it may help to cure some bugs with MPX220.
3) But first, you need to install the Motorola Mobile Cd comes with the phone and upgrade the software to th emost recent version and reinstall this software. Now tehn try to reconnect the phone again and start the new setup.
If you try all these options, the phone is stil l not be connected normally, then your phone may has some bugs in synchronization. If your phone is llocked to Cingular, try to unlock it first before do synchronization since this phone has this issue reported form many users. you are not alone. Good Luck